Sit ups when TTC...?

CJ_82

Reaction score
Hi all.

I'm not religious at all, but decided to do Lent this year. I decided to give something up and start something new (positive).

I opted for chocolate to lose and sit ups each day to gain.

I'm not unhealthy and am relatively fit (I do things like Total Warrior and am also part of a dance group). That said, I don't tend to do a lot of sit ups and not done them in ages.

Mixed messages about whether I should or not. If not, I could do the squat challenge or plank challenge?

Thoughts?

I haven't heard any negative things from anyone about doing sit ups whilst ttc.

I do them as part of my workouts, but I have to admit that I feel a bit weird about them when I am in my 2ww, but Im not sure if I'm worrying over nothing.

How do you feel about them? If you are concerned then I would go for plank challenge instead, still working abs, but not putting pressure on your insides?

What is Total Warrior? It sounds scary!

I haven't heard any negative things from anyone about doing sit ups whilst ttc.

I do them as part of my workouts, but I have to admit that I feel a bit weird about them when I am in my 2ww, but Im not sure if I'm worrying over nothing.

How do you feel about them? If you are concerned then I would go for plank challenge instead, still working abs, but not putting pressure on your insides?

What is Total Warrior? It sounds scary!

Not sure how I feel tbh. I dont feel overly concerned but I have also heard starting new things isn't best. So, maintaining my normal routine makes sense but I am trying to shed the weight I gained taking the hormones.

Total Warrior is a 10k or 10m track including 37 obstacles. It's quite hardcore but so much fun. I've done it the last two years but haven't registered for this year incase. Can always join last min if not pregnant by August.

I am a belly dancer so I do a lot of core work. I'm just a bit lax with sit ups. I'll see how I get on and when I hit the TWW change to planking.

Thanks x

Hi CJ-82 - I'm not an expert at all but I know a few people that work in the health and fitness industry - they're all completely different to one another but the one thing they all say is that sit ups are a bad idea - for everyone, nothing to do with ttc - bad for your back, bad for your pelvic floor. Planks are much better or various other exercises that work the core. I googled "planks when pregnant" a few months ago, there were one or two sites that said don't but the huge majority of sites said it's absolutely fine.

I've head that starting a new exercise regime once you're pregnant is not a good idea but I've never heard you shouldn't start one whilst ttc - for some of us that would mean months or years without starting any new exercise :)

Best of luck whatever you decide to do, I'm impressed by your desire to do something positive - I need a bit of a kick up the backside when it comes to exercise at the moment.

I kept telling myself that I shouldn't be starting any new exercise as I am ttc and it might do more harm than good!

Don't agree with that now!! Honestly I think I was just making up excuses not to do anything!

I have now been ttc for 2 years and can hardly imagine how fit I would be if I had actually started from the beginning. Its never too late though!

Hi CJ-82 - I'm not an expert at all but I know a few people that work in the health and fitness industry - they're all completely different to one another but the one thing they all say is that sit ups are a bad idea - for everyone, nothing to do with ttc - bad for your back, bad for your pelvic floor. Planks are much better or various other exercises that work the core. I googled "planks when pregnant" a few months ago, there were one or two sites that said don't but the huge majority of sites said it's absolutely fine.

I've head that starting a new exercise regime once you're pregnant is not a good idea but I've never heard you shouldn't start one whilst ttc - for some of us that would mean months or years without starting any new exercise :)

Best of luck whatever you decide to do, I'm impressed by your desire to do something positive - I need a bit of a kick up the backside when it comes to exercise at the moment.

Hi. Thanks so much for the information. I opted to not do them. Instead I decided to do something each day that got my heart rate up instead.

I'm just wanting to get back to my preferred weight. I gained just shy of 3 stone on the hormones until it levelled out and I have always been keen to stay relatively fit :)

I kept telling myself that I shouldn't be starting any new exercise as I am ttc and it might do more harm than good!

Don't agree with that now!! Honestly I think I was just making up excuses not to do anything!

I have now been ttc for 2 years and can hardly imagine how fit I would be if I had actually started from the beginning. Its never too late though!

It's easy to make excuses though Hun and we all do it at times so don't worry too much about it. Good attitude about never being too late. The hardest thing is getting going to start with. After that it's easier. Or at least I think so haha. Good luck xx

Last edited:
Nemi I'm the queen of making excuses, we all do it :) CJ I know the feeling, I've been yo-yo-ing for years, get so annoyed with myself when I pile it back on again which I have right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back