Sister in labour i had mmc

Rayxxx123

Reaction score
So my sisters in labour today and i got my period . Lovely timeing thanks body. It hurts even more after i thought i was finally pregnant this month but a find out its a false positive. My sister and me were due round the same time i would be in a few weeks but lost it in feb. I feel so shit and i also feel selfish for feeling shit because i should be happy cos im getting another niece and i guess i am behind all this crap im feeling. All my familys all excited today and im just in tears, Iv got to see the baby at some point this week and i dont know how im gunna do it i know il cry and il feel so bad for doing so. I know iv had a big rant just dont know who to talk to im feelin so lonely cos boyfriends away with army. Does anyone know how to control the tears? Iv been terrible since the mmc I dont want to be this way anymore x

I'm sure once you see this beautiful baby you will be so happy x

Sorry to hear this hun,

I found out I was preggers a week after two friends did - I iscarried at 8 weeks and they both went on to have healthy little boys. I was terrified one of them would give birth on what would have been my due date.

As my friends pregnancies progressed I gradually found a way to separate my loss from thier happiness.

I know you don't have much time for it all to sink in but take a deep breath, paint on a smile and go and meet you niece in a few days.

In time it will become easier to be around the new bub and I am sure she'll bring you lots of comfort

xxxxxxxxxx

Hi hun

So sorry to hear of your loss. I think your reaction is more than understandable as a mmc is horrible to go through (i've just been through one myself), having to face your due date is a known pain point for women who've lost their baby, you experienced the excitement and hope of having been pregnant again but your body decided otherwise, your partner isn't around to give you the support you need and finally to cap it all off someone extremely close to you is going through what you'd hoped you would be doing today too.

That's a tragic set of circumstances for anyone to go through and as bad as this may sound i am not surprised you are crying and crying, as it is part of the grieving. I don't know about stopping the tears but maybe right now just let them come in the knowing that this is as bad as it can get and after this time you can start to move on.

All the best to you, sorry again for your pain xxx

Really am so sorry hun, I had 2 miscarriages back in 2004 , and I have gone on to have 3 healthy babies,please take comfort in the knowledge that it WILL happen for you, it WILL be your turn, and that you won't always feel this sadness, you'll never forget the baby you lost, but I promise time is a healer and your sticky baby will be making his/her way to you very soon
Lots of love sweetheart xxxx

Last edited:
I'm so sorry hun - It really does get easier, your doing the right thing posting on here your feeligns, sharing it with us all, were all here for you, to listen and provide a virtual shoulder X

I had a MMC at 12 weeks, a couple of years ago, and the more I talked aout it on here, the easier I found it to talk about it and open up, which in turn really helped me, as before I would just think of the word MMC and well up, which is no good if your at work or with your sister.

Your sister will understand you will have mixed emotions and she won't take you crying as a negative, you may find them happy tears actually and be relieved to feel very emotionaly attached to this little neice of yours as soon as you see her.

Hang in there, one day at a time.

Thank you so so much for your replys! they are the kindest words anyone has said to me since it happend, made me get all teary reading, your all so lovely! , noone around me seems to really understand it helps to know im not alone. I saw the baby yesterday you all made me realise it will be a positive thing and it wasnt as bad as id built it up to be in my mind, shes gorgeous just wish she was mine! I also went to the docs yesterday which was a relief as they gave me sleeping pills and anti depressants which i wasnt sure about going back on as i had severe withdrawls comin off when i was pregnant, but they said i may not be ovulating with the stress and they will help.and also some support if i want it. I really wish you all the best of luck , are any of you ttc at the moment? Xxxxxxxx

Hi my lovely

Glad to hear you took to the baby and are being supported by your doctor

I am ttc - my period is due tomorrow or day after tho so not looking forward to the hormones associated with that, it will be the second period since i lost the baby. I was worried my body wouldn't go back to normal but the ovulation predictor test showed a strong line at the right time this month.

Feel free to get your feelings out here on the forums as we will be there for you if you need it - it can be therapeutic writing stuff down xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back