MMC

Cazzlou

Reaction score
Well i joined the forum when i found out i was expecting in the hope of having others in the same situation.

Sadly i had my 11 week NT scan on tuesday and was told baby had stopped growing at 8.5 weeks. im such an emotional wreck. i opted for medical management and have completed the course of meds with most things passing through yesterday. i also wanted to punish my body for failing me so much with this pregnancy and i thought the medical would be the way to do that.

i know im so lucky to have my little girl already but i was soo looking forward to the arrival of a new baby in summer for her and us.

i know i want to try again but im so scared of this happening again.

just needed to put something down in writing so i hope you ladies dont mind i posted here. x

Oh no, so sorry to hear this Cazzalou, I went throught the same thing in november

I hope you are ok, and if you need to chat or any info on MMC feel free to PM me, i promise things do get better, just takes time:hugs::hugs:

I am so sorry that this has happened to you. Please don't blame your body or feel like you should be punished, these things happen more often than I'm sure anyone realises and there is nothing that you can to do stop it. Sending you lots of hugs :hug: xx

Hi,
I went through it in september and was so shocked as everything felt fine so I know how you're feeling.
I'm now pregnant again and can't seem to let myself relax until the 12 wk scan as the pregnancy seems exactly the same as the last. I had one at 8wks which was fine but I'm still convinced its happened again.
It is so common unfortunately and it doesn't make it any easier but I hope you can get through the pain and look forward to the next time.
So sorry xx

Cazzlou
it does help to put things in writing, it helps you and others going through it.
This forum is such a huge support network.
So sorry to hear what has happened, it is heartbreaking.
Something that helped me, was hearing from people that tried again as soon as they felt ready and went on to have healthy pregnancies. Several felt ready straight away and got pregnant immediatly afterwards.
I think it is natural to fear it could happen again, and it is alot to put your body, mind and emotions through and there is no answer to why it happens. It certainly wouldn't have been your fault hun.
xxx

Hi Cazzlou, im going thru the similar at the moment and am heart broken. You need to stay positive and believe that you will get pregnat again and it will be healthy. Thinking of you xxx

Oh bless you Cazzalou :hugs:

This forum is incredible for the support it gives..............wish I'd found it years ago.

Don't punish yourself or your body - positive thinking is the way forward although it may not feel like it at the moment hunny xx

so sorry that this has happened to you :hugs:xxx

Cazzlou,
Like many ladies here, I understand how you feel... v recently had the same experience and also opted for medical management.
I know it's difficult to hear right now, but please try and stay positive and look after yourself. There's every chance that you'll go on to have a healthy pregnancy. (I'll try and take my own advice... I'm terrified too that things aren't going to work out, but that's just because we're still coming to terms with such a terrible experience and still grieving.)
Sending you big hugs Xx

Hey. Really sorry to hear what you're going through. Like so many here I went through same thing last month. I'll say what everyone has been telling me - don't blame yourself or your body. So many pregnancies sadly end in mc. It's early days for you but try and stay positive and remember that there is no reason for mc to affect future pregnancies. (will try and take my own advice on that one!!) :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi...so sorry for hearing this. Again i went through the same, my baby had stopped at 7.5 and like you i picked the medical management. Not easy to go through ah....

Please don't blame your self, nature has its way and it only selects the best, so there would have been a reason. Its just a terrible way to find out at ur scan, as we know.

Sending you hugs and as others have said, come on here for support and give it some time. You will know when to try again...xx

thank you so much for all the replys

its so sad to see so many people have been through this but im gonna take on board all the wise words, get my head together and realise this happened for a reason.

im sure in time i will try again but with the added worry.

i just need to try and get my appetite back as not eating much at all.

thank you again and im so sorry to hear of everyones loss.

so sorry Cassylou - sending you big hug X

I had the same MMC found at a 11+ week scan, and baby dated back to going at 9 weeks.
I wasted many days trying to blame myself and find fault in anything I ate, did or didn't do, even emailed my deoderant company to check safe !!! I didn't start feeling better until I decided nothing was to blame and it had just happened. Prob not right for everyone, but as soon as I joined the TTC boards on here again and started TTC I felt like I could throw myself back into something again that felt positive and turned a corner.

I tried before my period arrived , no luck, but then was very lucky and fell quickly that next first cycle after period arrived , I had early scans , which were great to see HB , but as soon as I left the room I doubted how long baby would last. I didn't stop worring till after 20 weeks due to further testing following very high Nuchal testing results, and cvs, but went on to have a beautiful baby boy 5 weeks ago who is perfect, so please don't worry that it can happen again, take a day at a time, it will happen for you.

I still cry for the baby I lost but talking about it really helps you to keep talking to the girls on here.

wishing you all the best for your future pregnancies Hun X

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back