single with children close in age?

x.Lilly.x

Reaction score
I will be doing this on on my own.
My son will be 21 months when my baby is due.
How do people cope on there own with a new born and a young toddler?
Im sooooo terribly scared how I will manage.
I guess I just will but it all seems so scary at the moment.

I'm a single mum and my two are 12 months apart! Il admit it does have it's moments but it's not as hard as I expected! The best thing I found is to keep the older one as much in their usual routine as normal and try and work the baby round them, not always possible, but a godsend if it works :lol: I used to pop katie in her playpen when I had to feed ella too and sit next to it so she didn't feel left out, bit your LO might be old enough then to sit next to you and read a book or whatever! I got katie used to certain things too like spending time in the play pen where I wouldn't run to her if she cried and putting her in her bed whilst I had a shower! Sounds a bit mean, but you've got to be cruel to be kind!

I just have the one but my friend had her first LO at 7 months.. and was pregnant with her 2nd the month after, when she should have been still pregnant with the first if you get me? and she then had her 2nd at 7 months pregnant too.. So she had 2 girls under 1! She is coping brilliantly now the eldest is now walking etc.. She was terrified but once the 2nd LO came everything fell into place.. Which will happen for you too xx

Last edited:
I was a single mum from my youngest being 6 weeks old, my girls are 13 months apart and you think its going to be really hard, which isnt the case, if your in a routine already stick to it as much as possible.
When i got with my oh i found it really hard to start letting someone else help out as i was happy / used to doing it all myself.. it all fits into place when its happening so im sure it will for you too!

Thank you all.
Really great advice, really reassuring to hear people have been through it on there own as well :)

Mrs e that's so true! I hated my OH doin stuff at first! Am makin the most of it now mind :lol:

Hi hun, my ex left us when I was newly pregnant with Jack, it's been hard work because I have no support from any family but it's getting a lot easier now- if you need any advice let me know :D

hi my girl are 1 year and three weeks aprt my elsdest is 34 months and i have just found out i am pregnant again!! i thiught it was going to be hard and although m choice to become single mum i love it daddy was abit useless anyway so it acctually made it easier to cope wit them on my own..but am now in termoil over what to do about the 3rd will it be just as easytocope or is it a huge difference going from 2 to 3 > ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back