Single or Double Barrel

happy-chick

Reaction score
OK we're gettin Ellie registered on Friday but cant decide whether to have 'Ellie Paige' as seperate names or 'Ellie-Paige' as double barrel name?

What do you think?

im lisa-marie and hate it.. so id go with ellie paige..

but its your choice.. plus ellie-paige as a 1st name doesnt really... flow? if u get me.. sorta like ellie-may flows.. or sarah-jane etc..

I have a double barrelled name and I hate it! I'd definately go for seperate names.

I'd go for Ellie Paige.

I think from what I recall, if you put a hyphen in then paperwork will have to use the double barrelled name as its all a first name. You cannot drop the Paige off as its her first name. With a middle name don't have to include it.

Also as your daughter grows up she may not like Ellie - Paige as one whole name and prefer to just be Ellie, or maybe Paige. But on forms etc she would always have to use Ellie - Paige if it has the hyphen.

Hope I explained that ok :)

Sherlock said:
I'd go for Ellie Paige.

I think from what I recall, if you put a hyphen in then paperwork will have to use the double barrelled name as its all a first name. You cannot drop the Paige off as its her first name. With a middle name don't have to include it.

Also as your daughter grows up she may not like Ellie - Paige as one whole name and prefer to just be Ellie, or maybe Paige. But on forms etc she would always have to use Ellie - Paige if it has the hyphen.

Hope I explained that ok :)

This is very true. I'm Sue-Ellen (bloody Dallas! :x ) and call myself Sue, but on paperwork I have to use my full name which I hate as I find it embarrassing.

I'm a double barelled surname which I now regret going for when I got married.
I have to spend a lot of time spelling and saying it's double barrelled and to put a hyphen in when I ring up for appointments etc.

I picked Ellie Paige separate names so she can pick her name and not be stuck with them both if she has a preference for one or the other.

Ellie Paige. I don't like double barrelled names. Let us know what you decide.

Love the names!

I like double barrelled personally.

I might be wrong but you'd just call her Ellie anyway wouldn't you? If so, it's only what is written down on paper and it's nice for her to have a choice to either be Ellie or Ellie-Paige should she have a preference.

Hope you both come to an easy decision :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back