Single & no support network...

Angie27

Reaction score
This is my first time posting anything like this, but I'm really struggling emotionally right now...

I'm 11+3 and unplanned. Boyfriend said he wanted me and the baby but was totally unable to show it, was emotionally manipulative and abusive and I ended up having to leave because I became depressed and was worrying about the effect all my stress was having on the baby.

The only thing is, I have no family and I also have no friends... which is my own fault for letting myself become so alienated, but the fact remains. I have no idea what to do, I just want my baby to be safe and happy.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hey sorry to read your having a crap time. Where abouts are you? Look up mummy to be groups in your area or join a pregnancy class I. Even yoga. NCT offer free coffee mornings which you could go to. Hope this helps.
Well done for leaving must have been hard for you but by the sounds of it you did the right thing x

hello,

are you on facebook? look up groups in your area. if there is any mums/mums to be on there :)

I was a single mum with my first born he will be 8 in 3 months.

hello,

are you on facebook? look up groups in your area. if there is any mums/mums to be on there :)

I was a single mum with my first born he will be 8 in 3 months.

No I don't have social media :(
I may have a look for other groups though so thank you x

Hey sorry to read your having a crap time. Where abouts are you? Look up mummy to be groups in your area or join a pregnancy class I. Even yoga. NCT offer free coffee mornings which you could go to. Hope this helps.
Well done for leaving must have been hard for you but by the sounds of it you did the right thing x

Thanks very much lovely.
I'm in Nottinghamshire.
I will have a look at NCT things, the pregnancy yoga looks amazing! x

Sorry to hear of the hard time you are having. Can I just point out that you are NOT to blame for 'allowing' yourself to be alienated- HE did that all by himself. I have been in a similar situation with a controlling partner and they know what they are doing, its not your fault at all. Please dont beat yourself up about any of it, all that will do is work with your anxiety and depression and make you feel even worse. He was manipulative and as they say, love is blind

Hi Angie

I left my abusive partner when the baby was 3 weeks old.

I have also fallen out of touch with my friends (as I just don't have time to be in contact), but wonder if it's worth you trying to get in contact with any female friends you used to have - you never know who might respond if they realised what happened?

Having said that, I'm envious of those ladies that made friends with each other in their NCT groups. I had to move areas twice after baby was born, and may need to move again. If you can find a place to settle then even if you're not getting any actual help with the baby, you can build up some friendships in the local area with other mummys-to-be and then once baby is born at places like breastfeeding clubs, childrens centres etc which may be good for emotional wellbeing.

I hope it all goes well & well done for leaving when you did xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back