Simply... My birth story :)

HeppiBean

Reaction score
Hi girls! Well where to start! Sorry it'll probably be a long one!

I started contracting at around 14:00 on Tuesday 9th August. A midwife came out to examine me at around 18:30 and I was 2cms. Not too long after the midwife left I fell asleep and everything slowed down/stopped. About 2:30am on Wednesday 10th contractions started again. They were coming fast and furious and I wasn't really getting much of a breather between. Midwife checked me again at 7:00am and I was still 2cms. After the pain I was in and the lack of gaps between I gave in and was transferred to hospital by ambulance.

Started on the gas and air in the ambulance which helped me calm down if nothing else. Got to the hospital and had a bounce on a birthing ball whilst puffing on the air before I was examined again at 11. I had actually progressed now, by 1cm. The midwife offered me a shot of pethidine and I accepted gratefully! Pethidine made me feel a bit woozy so layed on my side for a bit (still puffing on the g 'n a). An hour later I started getting a really strong urge to push so the midwives rushed back in to examine me again. 8cms!

I was so shocked I burst in to tears contractions were still hitting me one after the other and now I was trying to resist pushing as well. By 12:45 I couldn't resist anymore and no matter what I did my body was just pushing. Midwives decided that I was probably fully dilated by now grabbed my leg shoved it in the air and told me to do push as hard as I could right into my bum when ever a contraction came. After half hour of this I wasn't really getting anywhere other than being VERY tired. The midwives rolled me onto my back it was excruciating! My back felt like it was on fire! But within 10 minutes of pushing like this Francesca arrived "face to pubes".

We had cuddles for 15/20 minutes and she fed like a dream. Then the midwives examined me to see if I would need stitches. This is when things got bad.

The examination was honestly so much more painful than the birth and I remember telling her this in rather colourful words -cough cough-. She called a more senior midwife for a second opinion on my tears and before I knew it there were people EVERYWHERE. A doctor came in and numbed me and started stitching what she could whilst I had a cannula put in and signed forms to go to theatre. I wasn't really sure what was going on.

Before I knew it I was in theatre being sat up so they could do a spinal but I passed out. When I came round I was rolled onto my side so they could do the spinal that way. They didn't manage to get it in and I was put under general.

I eventually came round at 20:30 (approx) and everything was explained. I had a "star burst" tear as they put it which they hadn't realised at first as it was all internal. During the midwives initial examination she set off a serious bleed which blocked the view for the doctor hence why I was rushed to theatre. I've had a lot of stitches and lost 1400ml of blood. The anaesthetist spent 45 minutes trying to give me an epidural for the stitches but failed leaving me with a horrifically bruised back and ending up under general anyway (which apparently I screamed at them to do in the first place). I had to stay in over night for a blood transfusion and thankfully... That was the end of the drama.

So... Francesca Marie Reed was born at 13:26 on Wednesday 10th August weighing 7Ilb 6Oz.

Last edited:
Congratulations! Scary stuff though. Glad you are well enough to share your story xxx

Wow that was some birth - worth it though? Xxx

aww she's gorgeous hun! and well done, not the birth you planned but like you said definitely worth it! :) im soo pleased for you! xx

Everything I had planned went out the window lol! But it's just a distant memory now, actually had to check with OH for a lot of the details to write this xx

congratulations Hun x she's gorgeous x

Oh hunnie I can't get over how gorgeous she is :D
Glad you're feeling better now, well done you. Enjoy Francesca! Loving the name too ;) xxx

Massive congrats, she's absolutely gorgeous :cloud9:

You done amazingly!

:)

well done shes beautiful , sounds pretty scary though :(

Wow what a scary experience that must've been.
Congratulations she is absolutely gorgeous :love:

She is beautiful! Congrats!
XxX

---
-

Congratulations hunny, Francessca is beautiful and well done to you sweetie, you did brilliant, sounds like you had a very scary experiance though x x

---
-

Ahhhh she's beautiful :) well done xxx

congratulations heppi she is beautiful.
You went through a lot, how scary for you. Esp the general and being knocked out for so many hours. Are you home now and settling in? xx

Well done and congratulations on your beautiful daughter. Sounds like you had a right time of it, but they are always worth it in the end :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back