Silly to test early?

Tracey M

Reaction score
Hi guys

Just want to see what others would do. I'm heading off to Barcelona tomorrow on conference and wont be back till 18th November - my testing date (according to my ticker) is 19th November.

Now on conference as we are all travel agents we are pretty renowned for having a good drink lol

If I am pregnant obviously I dont want to be drinking but then again if I'm not pregnant I would hate to miss out on the fun (I look forward to this all year)

So the question is, do I test early? It will more than likely come back BFN for 2 reasons 1. too early 2. not pregnant

But if I do get a faint line...(whoop)....then I would be delighted not to drink and come out with some anti biotic excuse or something....

it is up to you hun! if you test and it is bfn doesnt mean u can go and drink tho!

He he I sound like an alchoholic......I'm sure Im out this month anyway but just in cse I'll make sure I just have a couple and go to the gym instead!!

sounds like a plan! hopefully will make that last few days before testing go a bit quicker

I'm going to be a poop and say certainly not :shakehead: None at all.

It really depends on your own feeling towards consuming alcohol while pregnant and the risks of fetal alcohol syndrome and age related complications, which might suggest you need to be extra careful.

You aren't that sure of where you are upto in your cycle and once the damage is done, it's too late and you can't undo it.

Unless you get AF, it's a pretty crazy thing to do imo :oooo:

Last edited:
If you're not sure, then lay off the alcohol. Sorry to be a party pooper, but I think I'd save the test - especially if you think it would be too early to get an accurate result. x x

well my mate who has 4 very healthy kids...always says to me, just enjoy a drink and all the things you want to enjoy until you get that bfp....cos with all 4 of hers, she drank right up until she got a bfp and it didnt do any of her any harm. Just think of all those people who drank without realising they were pregnant...

I would say so long as you do not good completely OTT, you will be fine....

I have my works do on 26th nov and testing day is around 2nd dec...so i'm gonna have a drink, but just get paraletic!

x

saying all that though....if i had any symptoms i wouldnt.....but i doubt i am gonna get to BD this month when ov'ing...so i reckon i'm out anyway to be honest!!! :(

Last edited:
Thanks girls. When I was pregnant with Josh I did have the odd glass of wine and I also did not know I pregnant till 6 weeks and had lots at wedding, lots on honeymoon and lots over Xmas but if I knew of course I wouldnt have!

I think I'll stick to maybe 2 glasses each day (no symptoms) to be on safe side

Oh and you're not poopers, just realistic! Thats why I asked!! Thanks

well i am having a fellow fishing widow round to mine tonight and we are going to have lots of wine........but i am 100% not pregnant :( so...no problem... xx

Enjoy.... It will take me about an hour and a half to get to yours....lol

Enjoy.... It will take me about an hour and a half to get to yours....lol

you're more than welcome...he he....we have 3 bottles of Rose.....hmmm...headache tomorrow...it's the first drink i have had while TTC......xx

Jesus Christ - that's not your hubby is it?!

I bet it is... isn't it?

I have a photo of my hubby where is looks so fit like that, but he's 21 in it not the 35 he is now lol ;)

Last edited:
Yes, that's my Joe but he's currently not speaking to me cos I'm supposed to finish work at 2 and did not finish till after 6.... I had to - going to Barcelona tomorrow and had sooooo much to do. Never mind eh? !
He's my toy boy and soooo sexy. He trains most days though for that body very distracting when I'm watching tv and he's got his top off working out mmmmm. He better make up before I go lol

Yes, that's my Joe but he's currently not speaking to me cos I'm supposed to finish work at 2 and did not finish till after 6.... I had to - going to Barcelona tomorrow and had sooooo much to do. Never mind eh? !
He's my toy boy and soooo sexy. He trains most days though for that body very distracting when I'm watching tv and he's got his top off working out mmmmm. He better make up before I go lol

Ha ha he's speaking already....still got too many clothes on, perhaps I should crank up the heating...

Lol at Louises comment above that really did give me a well needed chuckle! In regards to u Tracey i personally would say test (but bare in mind im a poas addict lately lol) and if its negative still dont drink just in case xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back