Silly question!

Crimson92

Reaction score
Do I need to hand in a urine sample at my 20 week scan? I haven't been given any bottles or so to hand anything in ? And my next midwife appointment isn't till a week after my scan? x

Yeah I think so Hun. I was told I would need to take one
X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm...Might book my midwife appt just for 21 weeks instead then and ask for bottles, don't want to pee in a cup and take that in :S x

I didn't have to at my scan just at midwife appointments hun!
XxX

I was told I had to for my first scan, infact that was the first urine sample I handed in ! the second was cause I was unwell, I could just leave it and say my midwife never said anything to me? I don't know I should check the letter but its upstairs away from the laptop lol xx

I was told I had to for my first scan, infact that was the first urine sample I handed in ! the second was cause I was unwell, I could just leave it and say my midwife never said anything to me? I don't know I should check the letter but its upstairs away from the laptop lol xx

You could just wait till you go in, if they want a sample you could do one there. That's what happened at my 12 week scan. They didn't give me a bottle so I took one for the 20 wk scan. Is it today???? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't have to take one to the scan appointment, just to every midwife appointment x

Well it says nothing about it on the letter lol, so I guess I am going without ! your right, if they really need one I can do one there, don't think its that important x

pop into the GP and as for a bottle i wasntto happy about my last bottle its a tiny daft skinny one lol

Depends on the hospital. If they need a sample they will give u a sample bottle on the day

well it doesnt say anything on th letter so oh well! x

You can get them from the receptionist from your doctors else they have some on reception where you get your scan done i always ask for one when I visit for all my appointments x I have another scan bokoed on the 7th dec ( growth scan ) So I will just ask when I get there x

I originally had mine booked for the 7th! but they changed it due to 'unforseen circumstances' ...my arse lol so now its on the 9th, but thats oonly two weeks today so I am happpyy :) I will just leave it the now, my doctors is too small to hold anything behind the desk, live in a really small town, so I would need to book an appt, so im happy to do it there if they need it x

they gave me a little pot to pee in last time - to take home - but no one told me why!?? do i bring this to my next scan? i dont wanna turn up with a pot full of wee if im not supposed to lol! x

I think different hospitals different things, I have to see the consultant after my scan as I am high risk and usually the consultant checks urine and blood pressure, so they want one from me he may not, if they want one they will just ask for you to do one there. Midwives you have to take one with you but I dont see her again till 28 weeks and thy have bottles there too so you canjust do one while you waiting.

they gave me a little pot to pee in last time - to take home - but no one told me why!?? do i bring this to my next scan? i dont wanna turn up with a pot full of wee if im not supposed to lol! x

I think they are meaning for you to take it to your next appt. Thats what I had to do anyway with my first scan.

Thanks girls ! :) Does anyone have any idea what happens at the 22 weeks appt anyway? My midwife went to tell me but MIL interrupted and I never found out lol! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back