16 week check up

SuziQ

Reaction score
Morning Ladies,

I have an appt this evening, for my 16-18 week check up. BUT the midwife isn't on duty, so I have to see my doctor... I don't know what they will do tho?
What is it for? Just a urine and Blood pressure, weight check etc .... Its not at a hospital, so they won't have scan equipment or anything...

Silly question.. how do they listen to the baby's heartbeat? And will I be able to hear anything, or do I have to wait for the 'technology' at the hospital at my anomoly scan?

Fanks

x

He/she should ask how you're feeling so let them know of any worries you might have. Take a wee sample with you as that will need to be tested for the usual stuff. He/she will check your BP and have a feel of your stomach. They might not try the doppler to check the HB as they may think it is too early and not want to worry you if they can't locate it.

Hope that helps :)

i havent go t aclue what they do, but ive got my 16 week check on Monday and my midwife says that it has to be with my gp this time. Dont know why, must just be the way they do it around here. :)

I had my 16 week appointment the other week and all they did was check bp and urine. Update you on any blood results if you havent already heard anything.
I also had blood drawn for the triple test, and they also found the babys heartbeat with a doppler which was really nice as i hadnt heard it before.
She then booked me in for my next appointment at 24 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back