20 Week scan questions.........

bute69

Reaction score
I have my 20 Week scan on 14th December :) Just wanted to know how any ladies who have been for theirs how they managed to drink 1 litre of water 1 hour before the scan and managed not to pee!! I can't imagine how I'm going to even drink that much an hour before, let alone hold on to it! If the appointment is an hour late which the 12 Week scan was, I'll have wet the floor!! Also, do you take a urine sample to the 20 Week scan??

hey hun i had mine about a month ago and you just have to manage i'm afraid and it feels worse when she pushes on your stomach but i'm glad i had mine and that my little boy if fine and healthy you dont have to take a sample to your scan only to midwife appointments

I didn't have to have a full bladder for my 20 week scan - check with your mw. I did have to take a sample but I am under a consultant so this might be different if you are midwife led - I suppose you might as well take one as you could always chuck it if they don't need it!! Enjoy. xxx

Thanks winnie :) Just so worried I'll pee my pants. LOL!!

Thanks hellywelly. My appointment is @ the Hospital, so not with midwife. It says on the back of the appointment letter to drink 1 litre of water an hour before.

Yea i don't know how important this is...both times i was told to completely empty my bladder! so i think its stupid really!

I had my scan at the hospital and on my letter it firmly told me to drink 1-2 pints of water an hour before my appointment. While i was in the waiting room i was literally in pain, dying for a wee! I tried to hold it but in the end i had to go (ignoring the signs on the toilet door that said 'remember not to empty your bladder before a scan if you are less than 28 weeks'). As soon as i'd been to the loo, my name was called and i was worried that they wouldn't be able to see everything. But the sonographer never even mentioned it, the scan went ahead beautifully and we got a lovely view of our little boy. I'm not sure how important it is really, but if you are desperate you can always neck another glass of water right before going in! xxx

I wasn't told to drink lots of water before my scan, nor was I advised to have a full bladder for it. I didn't have either and my scan turned out absolutely fine with no complications or return visits etc

I have my 20 week scan on the 13th of dec and I am worried about having to drink all that water too, I constantly need to pee still so don't think I will be able to have a full bladder lol, good luck with your scan xx

I wasn't told to drink lots of water before my scan, nor was I advised to have a full bladder for it. I didn't have either and my scan turned out absolutely fine with no complications or return visits etc

^^wss.

I didn't think it was as important as it is for the 12 week scan because the baby is much bigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back