Silly question about delivering the placenta

bagpuss

Reaction score
:oops: Here again with another silly question,this one about delivering the placenta.....what does it feel like,is there any pain,does it take long,or does it just squish all up and literally "fall out" and you don't feel a thing??
Quite daft,but I really would like to know!!

Oh yes please someone answer this question. I also would like to know. You see a lot of programme about giving birth but once baby is out thats it you dont see or here about the after birth bit.

I have to be honest, I can only vaguely remember the placenta being delivered! :shock:

After over 25 hours of active labour and 2 hours of pushing, I didn't give a shite about anything else!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

I had the injection and I barely felt it come out to be honest! Can't eaxactly describe it, but the best I can say is a blob of jelly coming out of your vagina :shock: strange but not unpleasant really and it didn't hurt. All I had to do was give a little push, and baring in mind I had no energy from labour it was a little push!! :lol:

Dont know if it's different if you don't have the injection.

hth xx

Can't remember if i had the injection or not either time but remember having to give a couple of pushes and it came out, was uncomfortable but not painful.

I had the injection and the midwife pulled out the placenta - No effort required on my part. It looked rather like a boat being pulled in. It was a bit uncomfortable, but not really painful as it's quite squidgy....Just weird....

I remember I continued to have contractions (but nothing like the real ones in labour) felt a bit of tugging ect, but I wasnt really paying attention to it because I had my little one in my arms and at that point thats all yuo care about! I dont remember feeling it come out.

on my son i had the injection it didnt hurt at all when they pulled it out they asked me to give a little push but the feeling as it came out made my stomach lurch it was disgusting :( but no pain at all xxx

To be honest you are that busy cooing over your baby you are not interested in dlivering the placenta, 90% of the time they pull it out so you done have to really take part in that bit!! lol

oh i think it was anice feeling :)
or am i being wierd. i had the injection to make it come sooner as it usualy takes a hr to come out naturaly, but i had a lil cuddle with Dior then midwife asked me to push i gave a lil push while she pulled the cord and it just sqished out felt nice like i was empty and free :)
not painfull atal, then the midwife stood there put it in a pan and had a good fiddle with it looking through it and stuff urghhh made me feel sick

yes, I will echo what has been said: got the injection, still had some contraction, but nothing compared to labour ones, and while I was talking to DH and cuddling with Maheen, I felt something hot and gluey coming out, a bit like when Maheen came out...mind you, my placenta was HUGE!!! so for me as well, it was a nice feeling, like I am finally free and empty. They did not ask me to push, they just pull it gently, did not feel a thing... and it came out 7 minutes after the injection!

mel xx

after giving birth its nuffin just feels like summits dropping out of ya lol its fine i had the jection to and hardley felt nething

I had the injection and retained the placenta :(

I had da injection and didnt feel a thing
but da bloody mw waved it in my face :shock: i went mad

my placenta didn't want to come out so i had to go to theatre and have emergency op as i began to haemorrhage, i was really ill after took 4 days until i felt even half normal, had to have blood transfusion too :(

i had the jab after having my previous two deliveries and dont remember being asked to push it out??!!! think i was too absorbed in my beautiful babies, i vagley remember something warm like jelly coming out but they took them away before i could see, hubby said it looked like liver lol eerrr :? sounds sick but i would actually like to see it this time to see the very part of me that connected to my little bambino and kept him/her alive, infact i was only just saying the other day to hubby that i wouldnt mind cutting the cord myself but then i though do i really want to cut my baby away from me?? what are your thoughts, at least if hubby cuts the cord then he is greeting baby into his arms hhmmm dunno ive confused myself again lol
sorry ladies i do waffle on sometimes :oops:

OMG I HATED DELIVERING THE PLACENTA! IT KILLED ME SORRY IF YOU DONT WANA HEAR IT BUT IT TOOK ME 45MINS I HAD THE INJECTION AND THAT WAS REALLY PAINFUL2 GAVE ME BIG BRUISE I THINK IT WAS BECAUSE MY BIRTH WAS SO EASY MAYBE? I WAS ABOUT TO BE TAKEN TO THEATRE FOR ITTO BE SUCKED OUT!! :shock: BUT THE MW MANAGED TO PULL IT OUT BY THE CORD! OMGU SHOUD HAVE SEEN IT WAS LIKE A BUTCHERS IN THER! LOL

I had the injection but they told me to give one more push and I demanded gas and air! The MW and my Mum said- you don't need it honest, but I just wanted more of that great stuff so frankly I was too busy enjoying the gas and air to notice or remember anything about it!

+++

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back