Sigh... not sleeping :'(

Squiglet

Reaction score
We put lil miss down at 8pm... she was bathed, fed, had a story.... well its nearly 1am and shes still crying... I've been in once and fed her again as it went over two hours of constant crying.

We aren't even leaving her to cry either... we are going in every 5 mins, shoooshing her, touching her... before the screams get too much and who ever is dealing with her has to leave.

She went to sleep around 12ish for all of 10mins before waking up and screaming again. She's fine as long as we pick her up and cuddle her, but the minute we put her down, either awake or asleep she just starts crying in a few moments... Even picking her up doesn't satisfy her for long... I am not sure what else to do.

The room is quiet, not too dark, but not light. Shes not too hot or cold. She's clean and fed... and she is left to cry for a short while before we go in and reassure her we are there. Thing is, even if I give in, go and put her too the breast she just keeps sucking on and off and fussing all the time.

Im not asking for her to sleep through the night, just GO to sleep for a while not attached to my boob. My nipples are beginning to hurt. She doesn't sleep much through the day either... she slept for less than 2 hours today... and she has been awake now for 8 hours with only a 10/15 min nap.

Its just really soul destroying, because I sooo want to pick her up, cuddle her and stick a boob in her head. :cry: :cry: :cry:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Do whatever feels right Squiglet :hug: :hug: :hug: Isaac was a terrible sleeper at that age, and he never just cried, he screamed, and it was so, so hard, but we decided against leaving him and just held him or rocked him instead. I went a bit mad and lost a lot of sleep but it would have been harder for me to leave him, so I'd just say if you want to hold her, hold her :hug:

I would suggest just getting her up, getting the room warm and stripping her down, I always found that helped with Isaac, touch does so much for them as I'm sure you know, and if she's not settling you need to do something quieter with her that relaxes you, you need a rest :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hopefully it is just a phase, although it could last a while yet, but you need some sanity control now, find something that calms her, then work from there with the putting her down. I remember Isaac slept a lot on the sofa in our living room, not ideal but we got a break and he got sleep, babies are so grumpy without their sleep :hug:

You are and have done everything you can, you are doing so well at giving her all she needs, just get support from OH and let him take over sometimes and I really, really hope she calms down soon, and get some sleep when she does :hug: :hug: :hug: Very very best wishes and BIG hugs, it'll be OK, just time takes forever to get there sometimes :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sorry for taking up your precious time typing so much, stay strong :hug:

No advice squig as my kids are good sleepers, but it sounds blomin awful and i hope serena settles soon and lets you sleep and gives you boobs a break. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hope she wears herself out soon so you can get a bit of sleep, everything is easier to cope with when youre not totally knackered yourself. I hate it when Eva screams too, talk about feeling useless...

have some more :hug: :hug: :hug:

It seems that she cannot sleep for longer than 30 minutes in one stretch. Subsequently, she wakes up within that 30 mins. I don't think its colic related though, she seems to have grown out of that.

I put her down tonight at 9:45 and she was awake again at 10:15... She's currently crying again... The only time she will sleep is in my arms and even then its only for 30/40 mins max... poor lil thing has red rimmed eyes and looks sooooo tired... :( but she just refuses to sleep.

This has all started since she had her jabs, I think they have really unsettled her. :(

Babylicious said:
could it be colic?

good point..

how do you feel about dummies? might give your boob a rest :think:

how about the old trick of putting something in her cot that has your scent on it (carry a cloth around all day and lay it under her). :think:

hope its just a phase :hug:

Sam&Alice said:
how do you feel about dummies? might give your boob a rest :think:

how about the old trick of putting something in her cot that has your scent on it (carry a cloth around all day and lay it under her). :think:

I don't know what it is.. but she has gone completely off dummies.. :think: We have a variety in various shapes and sizes. She always had "issues" with them, she'd spit them out eventually.. but now she gags on them, vomits and launches them across the room if they touch her mouth... so no more dummies.. :(

The putting things in the cot, I've done from day one because Tia used to settle if she was lying on one of my dirty nighties... but nope lil miss is wise to this trick.. :x

Hi hun, i know its hard :hug: :hug: :hug: How does she sleep after she's fed on you. do u put her straight down or do u keep her there a while?

Have you tried dummy?

Btw, I noticed, that the only dummies Daniel takes are avent ones :hug:

Squiglet - could you co-sleep? Just so you can get a bit of shut-eye?

Valentine Xxx

Have you asked the HV or seen the GP about it Squiglet?
I've also been looking into sleep patterns, and she sounds a little Polyphasic in pattern, which is actually a culture of Spain oddly enough, this article says more anyway, I don't know what I'm talking about :shock: http://www.instructables.com/id/Polyphasic-Sleep/

Like V says, I'd just co-sleep, and as for dummies, Isaac wouldn't have one but when he did at 5months he was a changed baby and slept much, much, much better, and alone too :D

Very best wishes and have some :hug: :hug: :hug:

I currently co sleep most of the night anyways... If I didn't I'd never sleep :roll: But I have to sleep with her on the boob.. and well sometimes she misses.. and a hickie on your boob at 3am is mighty unpleasant and is quite good for waking you up :x So its nice to have some down time, just an hour or so where she is sleeping on her own...

I spoke to her pediatrician... and she just said shes a baby, babies cry, and I need to just put her down, and walk away, eventually she'll cry herself to sleep... and while this is true...IMO I don't think its right to just leave such a small child to cry till they exhaust themselves. The fact they need attention and cuddles is important, but its just as important to let them know they can go to bed, but mummy and papa are right next door and thats what I want to teach her.

All I ask is that she goes down and goes to sleep without the need to be permanently attached to my boob like a limpet.

Currently we have decided to put her down, after her last feed, and go in every 5 mins, kiss her, say goodnight and walk out again... well tonight she threw major paddy stations, got desperately worked up... So I waved the white flag.... went in and stuck a boob in her head but without picking her up (out cot is attached to the bed without a side on it... as I said we co sleep as much as possible even if she is in her own cot). She fell asleep and is currently sleeping... but she did just use my boob for comfort... now I need to find a boob shaped dummy and I'll be fine :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

millie was like that once too, i feel for u :hug: :hug: :hug:

sorry no advice i kno its really hard, hope things improve soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back