I REALLY NEED HELP

wend

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could give me any advise.

Maddison started to cry alot at night so i asked my HV on what to do as anything i tried wasnt working .

She told me when she starts to cry to pick her up give her a cuddle and them 2 mins later put her back down so i did this but now its got worse.

All she seems to do now is cry when i put her down its got to the point where we have to hold her all the time.

When she does cry and we pick her up she stops crying straight away .

CAN ANYONE help ive been back to HV and she said the same as she said before to pick her up cuddle her for 2 mins and put her down but doing this as made her worse .

thanks

Could she be a bit refluxy? If she is she is maybe crying with pain as reflux is always worse when lying flat.... try a pillow or a book under her matress to raise her head slightly.

Hope this works :hug:

maybe its trapped wind if she dont like lying on her back?

or if its not that, hav u tried placing her down and pressing ur hands gently but firmly on her tummy until shes alseep? ("tricks" her into thinking shes still being cuddled!)

good luck xx

:hug: :hug: :hug: wend :hug: :hug: :hug:
I wanted to give you those because Isaac has had periods where all he will do is cry, well scream actually, until he's picked up, and it was never wind, reflux, colic or the rest, he just wanted to be close.
What we now do with Isaac is lay in our bed for his last feed, I breastfeed him but a bottle may work too. Then I lay with him until he's asleep, then wait another 5mins to be sure, then leave him to sleep on our bed a good couple of hours, then go in and move him into his cot. He's usually so deeply asleep it's fine. That's the only thing we've found that works without lots of upset. He was at his worst in his 2nd and 3rd months, he's better now but it's still hard, I think as she gets older and feels more secure she will get better for you.
Like others have said though, do check its not wind, reflux etc
Very best wishes, I can fully empathize with how upsetting it is :hug: :hug: :hug:

Freya is getting a little more upset at night too, i think its becuase they become more aware.

I think she is a little young to be doing pick up put down as apprantly it just stimulates them too much therefore become overtired and cry more.. it does work if they are 4months + as i did it with my 1st.
I would just put her down and leave the room, give it a few mins and if she doesnt start to settle go in and try to reassure her by shhhing and maybe try a dummy..?
if she is still going for it i would hold her til she is calm enough to put back down.

good luck, :hug:
it does pass but they do seem to go through funny stages at certain ages

Hi Wend,

Just wanted to ask if you'd tried swaddling? We've gone back to this as my little one was waking as soon as we put him down (both day and night).

What we do now is take him upstairs, put his sleep suit on, feed him, swaddle, offer the other boob and then he generally falls to sleep or we rock him for a couple of mins. He no longer wakes after we put him down and has even been sleeping until 3.30 whereas it was 1.00 before we started swaddling again. I think he just likes the feeling of being cuddled and swaddling replicates this.

Let us know how you get on x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back