• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crying at night

hey snuggle, last night we put the radio on quietly in the bedroom and i pushed her moses basket right up close to my side of the bed did it work...... did it heck, she was a little pickle again :(
sooooo tired lol, Mik manages to sleep through all the comotion lol, good job really as his paternity leave ends today and hes back to work monday! Was talking to my cousin last night and her baby is 5 months and has only just started sleeping in the evenings! :wall:
tonight im going to try giving her a warm bath before bed rather than this morning! how you get on last night?
:sleep: saffs xxxxxxxx

I only had to get up once last night with her,this what i did.

After her crying and being on the verge myself i got the pillow off my bed and yes it did smell like me perfume and all! i put it in her moses basket and popped her on it and popped her dummy in and stroked her hair and talked to her and she was asleep within mins!

I couldnt shut down the comp and race off to bed with her fast enough and feel much better today after a goodnights sleep!

BREAKTHROUGH! :cheer: :cheer:

She wouldnt settle when we first went to bed so she went in beside me until her 2am feed. After she was fed and winded I put the pillow I had been using in her moses basket and swaddled her and put her in and she fell asleep after about 10 mins :cheer: After her 5am feed we put her straight back in and she fell asleep within about 10 mins again :dance: Thanks for the advice girls, you have saved me from a breakdown :wink:

I think sometimes we forget that moses baskets can be big and matresses can feel pretty hard when they're so tiny. Austin slept on a pillow until he was about 5 or 6 weeks old, it was just a bit more comfortable for him. I know they don't necessarily advise it but you know your baby better than any 'expert'.

I'm so pleased you had a good night, I hope she continues sleeping for you (unlike my little monkey, but that's a different story). :hug:

Well, it was 2 steps backwards last night :( Maddison wouldnt settle in moses basket again, tried everything before eventually giving in and taking her in beside me :roll:

Hi Snuggle :hug:

I've only just read your post. You've been given some great advice here so stick with it as it may take a few days before Maddison changes her routine.

One of the key things I think is that she is still so tiny. She probably can't keep herself warm at all and enjoys being next to you for your body warmth at night. My first son was only 5lb and he also was a bad sleeper. Things got better when he was taking more each feed. George is the same. Now he's on 6/7oz a feed he's much more content.

I'd second the advice about swaddling, and laying her in the cot half awake but keep stroking and patting her, gently reassuring her you are still there.

It's really early days as she is so young and babies don't understand the difference between day/night. It can be so tiring for you. Do you try to sleep in the day when she's sleeping? I had to do that with both my boys and I must admit it really did help me feel a bit more human.

I hope things improve for you soon. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back