showing my dog at 39weeks +6days silly??

Spritzer

Reaction score
local dog show is on sunday and i wasnt sure if i should enter our dog or not, but if i feel how i feel today on sunday then i fully intend to show him.

hes a 2 year old labradoodle thats a little hyper :oops: but i walk him everyday anyway so other than the fact that there will be loads of other dogs there i dont see much of a difference. OH will be there to take him off me if he got too strong, and i just wouldnt do the rest of the classes if the first one was a problem.

my mum thinks i should take my rabbit and guinea pig instead to the small animal section and forget about showing Leo, telling me people at 40weeks pregnant should be sitting waiting with hospital bag not running round a dog ring.

but wont the walking do me good rather than bad? and as long as im sensible surely i shouldnt come to any harm?? or am i just living in a dream world???

Do whatever you feel comfortable with. Symptom spotting at home will only drive you crazy. Have your hospital bag in the car if you're really bothered. The fresh air will do you the world of good.

me too - if you feel up to it, then definitely do it! have your hossie bag handy just in case though :)

wow im surprise people agree its ok, lol, everyone thats not preg seem to think you should be at home in your slippers waiting on the baby.

havent put in an application form, just going to apply on the day all being well just incase. :)

I don't see an issue with it. I was doing dog training classes a week past my due date - I was hoping the exercise would speed things up!

I say go, you know your body better than anyone. Can you imagine sitting in next to your hospital bag everyday? That'd drive anyone mad!

Sounds fun :D I'd do it!

Chances are you'll be fine and it isn't as if bubs is going to arrive as you're running round the ring :D You'll get plenty of warning if something is going to happen :)

P.S. Can I see a pic of your dog? Labradoodles are lovely dogs, I have a standard schnauzer which are meant to have the same sort of temperament :D

Mildly said:
Sounds fun :D I'd do it!

Chances are you'll be fine and it isn't as if bubs is going to arrive as you're running round the ring :D You'll get plenty of warning if something is going to happen :)

P.S. Can I see a pic of your dog? Labradoodles are lovely dogs, I have a standard schnauzer which are meant to have the same sort of temperament :D

hes got a great temperament, too friendly if anything! bit bouncy though!

heres a few piccys from when we first got him at christmas time

hes lab size but with the poodle coat

Leorelaxing.jpg

Awww.jpg

Aaah he is a curly wirly doggie!!

I would go, LO may just call your bluff and make an appearence coz you have plans and if not you have a fund day out, Winners either way!!

I WANT ONE!!!! He is absolutely gooooooooorgeous! I am sure that it will be ok, after all, if you go into labour, you go to hospital...what is the prob??? On the other hand, the dog will love it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lisa

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back