Shouldn't PMT be around your period?!

LucyC.

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first time on the forum. I've only been trying for 2 months but now it's my obsession and I've been spending every spare minute on the internet reading about cervical mucus etc. Not helping me get my work done!

I have a question: I came off the pill two months ago and I've been having some odd cramps and pmt. The first month I had a strong cramp on my left about the middle of my cycle, which I thought must be ovulation pain although I've never had it before. Then this month I've had twinges at all odd times in my cycle, sometimes on the left and sometimes other places. I've also had weird mood swings at strange time (like yesterday: trying not to burst into tears or snap at someone for no reason while at work. My worst one was driving home listening to the radio about a week ago. They were talking about a draught in Australia and I was fighting back tears on the motorway!)

Does anyone else get these? I keep hoping I'm pregnant but probably not because I think I missed my peak time and I haven't had any spotting or anything. Do you think it's because of coming off the pill? Or maybe something else?

Thanks,

Lucy

All that high emotion could definately be a sign of pregnancy! I was exactly the same when I was pregnant, very emotional.

When is your period due? Have you tested this month? If its time, id go for it and do a test, sounds quite promising but then it could just be pmt and change of hormones coming off the pill??

Id defo defo do a test!!! Good luck xxx

Thanks Jaidy! I was just writing this when I saw your reply:

** PS Today my back has been killing me. Am I being crazy? I don't want to get my hopes up but might I be pg? AF isn't due until next week (around Tuesday - they're not that regular).
Is it too early to test? **

I do have a test at home but it says the first day you're due. I don't think I can stand the suspense!

Lucy :pray:

Hi Lucy :wave:

You should wait until AF is due if your test isn't the really sensitive type otherwise you might get a negative anyway. Can you get some from EBAY at all? They are really cheap on EBAY and super sensitive so you can use them up to 6 days before AF is due...

I've found that my AF symptoms and AF itself are totally different since I've come off the pill. The back pains could be a build up for AF or (fingers crossed) your BFP

Hope you get your BFP soon

Hi Ellie,

What make of test are those? I might order some. Or do they sell them in shops? I'm really impatient even though I half suspect it's all in my head!

Lucy

The ones off EBAY you are looking for are 10miu which are the most sensitive you can buy. There are lots of sellers but you should look for packages of a few together, you can get packages of ovulation predictor tests and pregnancy tests or just pregnancy tests on their own, you can buy between 5 and 50 at a time and for only a couple of pounds

I bought mine from www.babymad.com but others have said they use other websites and they can be even cheaper than this if you shop around. Babymad deliver in 2 days so you would have them on Friday!

I always used fertilityplan on ebay - 49p for 10 tests - go for the 10MIu ones, as they are much more sensitive than the standard type.

Coming of the pill can cause all sorts of side effects.....I was absolutely convinced I was pregnant my first cycle off the pill as had every symptom going - but AF arrived! Second cycle I had no symptoms at all, and low and behold got my BFP.

I had more symptoms from stopping the pill, than I ever did in the first few weeks of my pregnancy and mood swings were a major complaint when I stopped the pill!

All that said you could be suffering from pregnancy symptoms, so get some cheap tests (in bulk) and then you can test at will, every month :D

Good Luck

Jaidy said:
All that high emotion could definately be a sign of pregnancy! I was exactly the same when I was pregnant, very emotional.

When is your period due? Have you tested this month? If its time, id go for it and do a test, sounds quite promising but then it could just be pmt and change of hormones coming off the pill??

Id defo defo do a test!!! Good luck xxx
ohhhh i agree :D good luck

Okay, just been on eBay. Thanks for the advice! I've got my fingers crossed...

Lucy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back