should we stop taking folic acid now?

Lynds77

Reaction score
I take pregnacare omega+ everyday, and it obviously has folic acid in it. Should they only be taken for the first 12 weeks and do you have to STOP taking folic acid in Tri2?

No u can take frolic acid all way through! Read ur pregnacare leaflet it will tell u it's beneficial all the way through!!!

I stopped at 12 weeks and now make sure I get enough in my diet. I only stopped because they made me really sick.

NHS say you only need it in the first 12 weeks only, once they are fully formed there is little additional benefit from folic acid. But the other vitamins are good for LO xx

I'm still taking pregnacare every day as my diet is rubbish and I don't get a whole lot of variety. Don't want to deprive LO so I'm making sure I get everything he/she needs by taking the vitamins. It's all good in my opinion!! xx

mw advised me to keep taking healthy start vitamins even after 12 weeks im sure they do make me feel a little sick but seen somewhere that if theyre taking at night it might be better xx

I'm still taking the pregnacare hun, as the box does say it can be taken all the way through... you don't need folic acid on its own, but I am pretty sure it wont do any harm in the pregnacare :) I like the idea of getting all the extra vitamins so am going to keep taking them all the way through I think xxx

my midwife gave me 3 boxes of sanatogen today to try and said that some doctors say to stop taking folic acid at 12weeks as that is UK guidelines but it does not harm at all to continue, especially when part of a multi-vit

I'm taking just a high dose of folic acid (5mg) at the moment.

After 12 week scan I'll switch to a pregnancy multivitamin so I'll still be taking a little

xxxxxxxxxxx

I plan on continuing to take pregnacare through the pregnancy, I did last time too. x

i find pregnacare really strong :0 wish i cud take them

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back