Folic Acid...

Two

Reaction score
Do we still need to keep taking the folic acid or is it only for the first trimester?

i take pregnacare and it says to take until done breastfeeding

I took mine until 12 weeks as I thought that was all you had to do and my 20 week anomaly scan showed her neck and spine to be normal :D

yes it's up untill 12wks with stright forward folic acid, its in the pregnacare vitamins which you can take all the way through but this because it's a vitamin so has loads of other stuff in it, i was taking these but the last few weeks i keep forgetting to take them :doh: Not much point now lol

Almost essential in first tri.. optional in second and third.. I stopped taking mine, mainly because I'm on iron and with folic acid it's just too many pills to remember :?

I'm bad at taking mine these days, I just never remember and might have 3 pregnacare a week, but I think first 12 weeks is more important.

I took my folic acid until I got really sicky and then cos I couldn't keep nothing down, I just didn't take it........ Oh my Gosh, I feel bad... :| :(

i took mine till 12 weeks

but have been told to carry on cos my iron levels were low lol

I took them from week 6. I threw a couple back up with sickness and forgot for a few days here and there.
I'm on Pregnacare now which contains other vitamins too - I'm going to keep taking them but I was going to ask the midwife next week - I think I'm low on iron anyway.

I wouldn't worry too much about these sorts of things - pretty sure our ancestors didn't take them and still plenty of people populating the earth!

I've ALWAYS been pale since way before pregnancy. I'm always tried too - again always have been. I've had thyriod tests in the past and the doctors have never found anything wrong with me except that I need more sleep than average (around 10hrs).

I'm been feeling faint quite a bit recently though which suggests something might be going on....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back