Should I tell her? :)

Clover

Reaction score
Well my Mum in law just rang me and I'm going over tonight for a catch up as I haven't seem her for a week, she is my best friend and a second mum to me (my mum lives miles away)

I know I won't be able to keep quiet when I see her, but hubby did tell me not to tell anyone yet...my girls are 16 and 13 and I'm planning on a nice way of how to tell them.but I want to have a scan first to make sure everything is ok before I do as I couldn't cope with something happening and them knowing and being upset

I was just thinking should I just tell her as I feel i need her support and I just have to tell someone !!!!!!

Sorry for waffling on ;)

Xxxxx

Don't see why not xx if you want to tell her then go ahead xx

I think I will stuff it. .. hubby may be a bit miffed but never mind , I just want to shout it from the rooftops :)

Xxxx

I'm sure he'll understand once you tell him you need female support to talk about lady bit things lol

I would tell her, even though its early we haven't been able to keep it a secret from close family. My husband is like rent a gob!!! You need somebody's support early or not and if you are that close sounds like she is the right person. There are just some things that you only talk through with another woman. Men wouldn't always understand xx

We'll be telling my DH's mum & dad next week as they live 350 miles away and we are going to stay with them over Easter... They like a drink & there is no way I'd get away with randomly being tee-total all of a sudden :D

I think you should tell you MIL if you feel you would like the support Gail... you OH will get over it I'm sure.

We told family and close friends the day after we found out, they'd supported us through the operations and everything ttc so only felt it was fair for them to share the wonderful news! Also, we would have wanted their support if anything bad happened and felt it wouldn't be fair just to tell them at that point! Xx

My mum and MIL have known from about 6 weeks. My reasoning was that if something happens I want their support. I said that to my husband and he fully understood. I want to tell everyone!!

Of course I don't know yours and oh's relationship but I'd personally want him to be ok with it first... It's easy to forget the men in all of our excitement, he might want to tell his mum himself?

I did go and I wasn't actually going to tell her as I'd decided we'd do it together but...she was talking about going on Holiday in October (they had provisionly booked it) so had to tell her we would have to go earlier...or next year!!!

She was absolutely amazing and so happy for us, she say we will go on holiday next February half term :)

xxxxxx

Aw lovely that she was so chuffed for you. Have you told your OH that you told her? Xxx

Yeah he was ok about it!!! I wouldn't of said if she hadn't talked about the holiday

I just want to shout it from the rooftops! Finding it hard to keep quiet from my girls and at work too
Have you told many people Naomi? :)

xxxxxxx

I didn't tell anyone (minus one friend) until after the scan - told my parents at 12+1 two days after scan and then told everyone else the following week so pretty much everyone knows now! Found it so hard keeping it a secret, especially coz I was feeling so yuck and knackered!! Such a relief now people know!

How are you feeling so far?
Xxx

Nice you told her. Glad she was happy.

I've only told work atm. Only really in case I went ill or anything. But Im planning my big reveal after the scan.

I actually think its flew in. I found out at 3w so its been nice to have 10w (will be when the scan is) I didn't fancy talking about it in depth so early with everythin.

xxxx

Ive had to tell anyone in work working a shift with me. We have some aggressive patients so i didn't want to seem like an ass when i steered clear or when i run out of patients room mid work because i think im gonna hurl! Its been nice to talk to someone. My mum and MIL know but thats it. Going to spill the beans to my sisters soon as one of my sisters is home in two weeks and i wanted to do it face to face. My poor daddy is the liability atm, the second i tell him it may as well be in newspapers hes gonna be so excited so hes gonna be one of the last to know about it before friends and it becomes general knowledge lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back