Should I find out the babies sex?

ella

Reaction score
I cant decide - why did you find out or not?

Its our hospitals policy not to tell you the sex of your baby so we have had to book a private scan as we really want to know, i want to be able to buy pink or blue and be prepared, and also call little one by his or her name :D

I didnt find out.
Wanted the surprise, like playing the whole guessing game, and I wouldnt have brought any pink/blue stuff just in case they got it wrong
although i was really tempted to find out i have to say I am really glad I didnt :D

Im really glad I found out to this day, I knew his name and reffered to him while in there, I had a really strong bond with him before he was even born and when he was born it was like meeting someone i had know for ages.

I think either way is great but i dont regret finding out one bit...

Steelgoddess said:
Im really glad I found out to this day, I knew his name and reffered to him while in there, I had a really strong bond with him before he was even born and when he was born it was like meeting someone i had know for ages.

I couldnt have said it better myself :D

My hospital wouldn't tell you either and I couldn't afford the cost of a private scan so I say no. Its nice finding out after the birth and having something as a surprise I think.

I might find out next time though - do it both ways :D But I don't think OH would want to know and there is no way I'd keep it to myself

NO don't find out!!!!!!

It's the biggest miracle on earth when you find out after all the hard work!

Wait!!

Kim x x x x

I think it depends on who you want to tell you. If you find out at the scan then it's the sonographer who tells you, but if you wait till the birth you can either find out for yourself or have your partner tell you. We waited and OH was the one who told me. OK so there were a few people knew before us but we discovered it together and that was special for me.

I am going to as a. it's a suprise at any time for us b. allows us to prepare and c. it will still be a miracle when he/she comes out anyway...

Meggiewoo said:
NO don't find out!!!!!!

It's the biggest miracle on earth when you find out after all the hard work!

Wait!!

Kim x x x x

I couldn't agree more Meggiewoo. I didn't find out with my boys and I have decided to not find out the sex of this baby too. I am tempted and my scan is next Monday. My BF really wanted too and we had a 'discussion' about it. I believe one of the most rewarding experiences of pregnancy and childbirth is not knowing, feeling the excitement and anticipation waiting for that precious moment when you finally have your baby after 9 months of wondering and several hours of huffing, puffing and pushing :lol: . I'm not suggesting finding out is wrong and I can see how exciting that must be too but I'd prefer to wait and I am a VERY impatient person naturally

EllieBelle said:
Steelgoddess said:

I couldnt have said it better myself :D

Me too :D
I would never say DON'T find out or DO find out as it's up to you to make that choice.

I have to say though - knowing we were having a little boy didn't make it any less wonderful when he arrived :D Nothing could have done that!

indie78 said:
I didnt find out.
Wanted the surprise, like playing the whole guessing game, and I wouldnt have brought any pink/blue stuff just in case they got it wrong
although i was really tempted to find out i have to say I am really glad I didnt :D

same :lol:

Ella - i can't decide either!

I always thought i wanted to know and i told everyone that i would be finding out. But now i have a date for my next scan when i could find out, i'm not so sure. My husband wants to know but will wait if that's what i prefer. He said it's up to me. On one hand i think knowing makes it easier as i could enjoy shopping and pick out a name, but on the other hand i think it must be amazing to find out once it's arrived and i think it would be lovely for it to be my husband who told me what it is. Let me know what you decide!

I'm going to try and stay Team Green! With my first child, I found out at the 20 week scan, and afterwards I did regret it a little bit as I just wished I'd waited and had the big suprise!

I'm going to try my hardest to resist asking this time. I think it will be lovely when I have actually just given birth to my baby and my OH can say to me 'We've got a little girl/boy'! :D

krissie23 said:
I'm going to try and stay Team Green! With my first child, I found out at the 20 week scan, and afterwards I did regret it a little bit as I just wished I'd waited and had the big suprise!

I'm going to try my hardest to resist asking this time. I think it will be lovely when I have actually just given birth to my baby and my OH can say to me 'We've got a little girl/boy'! :D

Well you've convinced me. I won't find out. :lol: :lol: Might change my mind again tomorrow though....

everyone here makes good points...

my next scan is 19th dec. im really excited but cant decide wat to do...
each week i change my mind and....ah i just dont know. i have 2 weeks and 3 days to decide lol xx

Mummy Rich said:
everyone here makes good points...

my next scan is 19th dec. im really excited but cant decide wat to do...
each week i change my mind and....ah i just dont know. i have 2 weeks and 3 days to decide lol xx

Good luck making your decision. Do you think you'll decide to find out or not?

Nah dont find out - I cant deny its frustrating not knowing but I cant wait till my hubby tells me the sex and I love all the guessing. I think it will spur me on if the labour is difficult and plenty of people will buy you pink or blue when the baby is born x

I found out and im so glad i did!! She now has a name and loads of pink lol.

I just think its a bonding thing.

Whenevr my OH puts his hand on my tummy and ses "megan say hello to daddy" she kicks... its so cute lol. - she doesnt do it for me tho haha.

Think id have gone insane not knowing lol.

It totally depends on you tho... If i have another one i might have a suprise xx

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back