Shortness of Breath?

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by kazlin, Dec 16, 2007.

1. kazlin

kazlin Well-Known Member

Is anyone else suffering from this at the moment? Last night was a bugger, I couldn't breathe at all.

I have got two inhalers to use, but to be honest they at times don't seem to be that effective.

Am I alone with this?

2. Tillytots

Tillytots Well-Known Member

Im finding it hard to breathe alot now too hun. Its where Im so short bodied I think and everything is getting squished. The stairs is a killer! I dont have inhalers as Im not asthmatic (sp) I was walking along with OH and just couldnt talk LOL he said whats up and I had to say just let me breathe for a min!!!!!!!

3. samandbump

samandbump Well-Known Member

im the same i can hardly walk anywere!!!!
    i keep geting babies bum in my diaphragm(sp?)!!!

4. Sherlock

Sherlock Well-Known Member

Is it your growing baby bump or asthma causing the problem do you think?

If you think its asthma and your inhalers are not touching it or keeping it at bay then you need to go see your GP and possibly increase the dosage of them (brown or purple ones). Your GP can tell you what dosage you can go up to safely. Once you reach this and if you are still having problems you'll need more aggressive treatment possibly.

I use a purple one (Becatide) morning and evening and have a brown one that I used to use and use when I get asthma problems that don't go away. I can max out to 4 puffs twice daily of that. If that doesn't stop attacks from happening I need to see my GP and get a course of steriods. I also have the blue one for when I have an attack and need to take something during it, but the whole point of the green and brown inhalers is that the use of the blue one should be minimal.

If its not asthma related it may be as others have said that baby is pushing against things internally and causing breathing woes, but this is a normal thing and not much to be done there. Sleeping more upright might help.

5. Babylicious

Babylicious Well-Known Member

same for me, some days are worse than others x

6. kalia

kalia Well-Known Member

I really notice this too. I have always had lots of stairs to go up and down at work so they don't normally bother me at all - but now I'm struggling to breathe by the top :oops: And I really notice it when I'm singing - my insides are all sqished and there's no where to put air!

7. sazzylou

sazzylou Well-Known Member

im terrible at the moment. I cant breathe when i have to walk far :oops:

I have to walk my daughter to school everyday (only about at 10 minute walk) but by the time i get there im red, and puffing and panting. Im always getting people asking if im ok, but i can barely answer them, lol. God knows what im gonna be like in a couple of months :shock: