Feeling out of breath

TeeUK

Reaction score
Ok...so I know I'm over weight and have asthma but I am so out of breath...I cannot even get out of chair without feeling out of breath...is this normal or should I be worried.

Anyone else feel this way?

I'm breathless much of the time, thought it was my age which it might be but I'm also anaemic - ask your mw or GP for tests as low iron can cause breathlessness x

I have noticed that my breathing is out of control lately too. Thought being overweight and asthmatic had something to do with it along with not really doing alot while of sick for 2 months. Must just be another one of those joys of pregnancy :lol: xx

I have been much more out of breath over the last few weeks and I'm not overweight or asthmatic! x

You do get breathless in pregnancy its all to do with baby taking up room and all the hormones and stuff x It only gets worse as baby gets bigger. I struggle to waddle fast enough to keep up with my partners walking half the time x

Think it's due to your uterus getting bigger, which is causing your organs to slowly move up. I had this a lot during my second trimester, was worse when I laid down, I couldn't take deep breaths properly!

I'm getting really breathless this time too. It will defo get worse as you go along and everything moves to make room for baby and your lungs get squished lol

Oh dear...I wonder how I will cope the bigger I get....it's been 18yrs since I had my daughter the details are fuzzy...I do remember I weighed about 10st to start and went up to 12st...I was 21 then though lol

Now at 39 starting weight 14st I dread to think what end weight will be! I don't think my poor body can handle it, I'm only 4ft 11 lol

Hope I don't end up in a wheel chair....although with my weak spine I could very well end up in one....actually thinking about it don't think I would mind being wheeled about lol....just as long as I could get out when I want!

Last edited:
I have been feeling breathless mw said we need to put your on iron tabs but i wont' as they cause terrible constipation. Started on spatone its in water so easily absorbed and no constipation.

I've noticed this too. If I try and walk at my normal pace I get out of breath and start gagging!! My nose is constantly blocked too which doesn't help matters!

I have been feeling breathless mw said we need to put your on iron tabs but i wont' as they cause terrible constipation. Started on spatone its in water so easily absorbed and no constipation.

Ohhh talk about constipation...I felt like I was giving birth last night...all I can say is plenty of vasoline (tmi) lol :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back