• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Shoes for walkers

Clydesdaleclopper

Reaction score
Just wondered what shoes you put your LOs in when they are walking.

Q has been barefoot or in ShooShoos but now he's wanting to walk outside as well I need to get him something that will keep his feet dry. I went into Clarks today but the woman was useless. She put some shoes on Q and he immediately screamed. When I took them off they felt like little lumps of concrete. There was absolutely no flexibility in the soles at all. When I queried this she just kept saying that babies need solid soles for support so they can walk. Well he walks just fine without that and I don't want to compromise the development of his feet so has anyone got any suggestions (other than DH's suggestion of a plastic bag over his ShooShoes :lol: )

Start-rite Start-rite Start-rite!

My mum wore them, I wore them and Mhairi currently has a choice of 2 pairs!

You mostly get them in independent shoe shops, their website has a great store locator thingymajig on it.

All the staff have to fully trained in little 'uns feet before being allowed to sell them.

http://www.startriteshoes.com/

Could you go for the Clarks shoes for cruising babies? I think they are called pre-walkers, they are the second ones down on the baby shoe display! We have just got some of these for LO to wear when out and about and they are really good, they have a softer sole, so ideal for starting to get used to walking. But, if they are for walking outside they probably do need to be the proper walking shoes as they have a harder sole to protect their feet, otherwise they can feel every little stone etc through the soles.

I love start-rite shoes too - they sell them in three of our local shoe shops.

Or pre-walkers are also a good idea.

I was devastated when I had to pack away DD's shoo shoes!

Valentine Xxx

:think: don't clarks do those soft shoes anymore? My mum fished out Tia's old pair which just fit lil miss :) They were like rubber soles to them and you could bend the shoe in half.

Lil miss has hard soled shoes but only because she was a toe walker and it was the only way we could get her to walk normally. Tia has flat feet and she has to wear hard soled shoes too but thats because she has a specific problem... :think:

But those clarks soft shoes were great shame they don't do them anymore... :(

got millie's from clarks. pink trainers with sparkley bits on and flashing lights! :dance:

they still fit her now- size 4 and a half F! bought them just after her birthday

Jenna has been walking independently since Christmas day - she now very rarely crawls at all. We have spent the past 4-5 weeks trying to find her some pre-walkers as we dont' want to put her in hard walking shoes yet. We have looked at Clarks 'cruising' shoes but they never have anything in her size (3.5G) apart from ones which are really open and completely crazy for this time of year / weather. We also looked at startrite, and again could find nothing fully enclosed in her size. Seems crazy that we are having this many problems to find her first pair of shoes. Clarks have been pretty unhelpful - none of the stores know what they are getting or when - they just get sent stuff by Clarks - and you can't order from their website. I have even spoken to Clarks directly who told me they are waiting for their spring / summer stock to come in so have nothing suitable for our daughter, and don't know when they will! I pointed out to them that we need a pair of winter shoes for this time of year - she'll probably have grown out of them well before spring arrives! Has anyone else had similar problems??

Ella is a 3G and we got the shoes that we wanted no probs at all from Clarks - I didn't want pink ones so the choice was limited! Have you looked at the website, you can order them online and collect in the store, where they then fit them for you.

Clarks do soft shoes.
They also do "cruisers" which are a softer more normal shoe if that makes sense.
Polka-dots do soft outdoor shoes (only seen them in Russel & Bromleys though).
Start-right also so soft shoes.

Magic Monkey said:
Ella is a 3G and we got the shoes that we wanted no probs at all from Clarks - I didn't want pink ones so the choice was limited! Have you looked at the website, you can order them online and collect in the store, where they then fit them for you.

Thanks for that :) I have been looking online, but Clarks only have 4 girls 'cruiser' shoes on their site - 2 pinks and one lilac open ones and one white 'summer sandal)! (and something like 11 boys ones!!)

X5OT said:
Magic Monkey said:

Thanks for that :) I have been looking online, but Clarks only have 4 girls 'cruiser' shoes on their site - 2 pinks and one lilac open ones and one white 'summer sandal)! (and something like 11 boys ones!!)

I know, I looked today and decided that Ella isn't getting new shoes when her feet grow as I didn't like any of those ones!

Ive always liked Next boots and shoes. Hannah is growiong so fast tho.. her size 7s and getting tighht :shock: :shock: :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back