He's walking round corners now haha - shoes advice?

Redshoes

Reaction score
Isaac's about half and half now with his walking and crawling, he can navigate corners and everything, so I'm thinking FirstShoes time soon, does everyone still go to Clarks? I'm not a shoes on LO's fan, but obviously walking outside he'll need shoes :lol: anyone any advice, tips? I don't want shoes if they hinder his enjoyment, development with walking is all :)

i went to clarks and got him measured when he had been walking about 6 months because i wanted to start letting him walk out of the buggy outside- they were really good, got him the perfect fitted shoes and they were cute then when i went to the till the woman said they were half price in the sale :) what a bonus! it is worth getting first shoes measured and fitted properly and they do the width aswell and allow for 3-6 months growth!

edits were me correcting my bad typing :oops:

My LO is doing the same, half crawling, half walking (and the rest of the time busy climbing the bookcase or fireplaces etc.... :roll: ). Anyway we went to Clarks and got properly fitted for shoes. They have 3 "baby"categories, Crawlers, Cruisers and Walkers - very clear what's for what stage. Their advice was keep him out of shoes as long as possible but hey he's walking I can't have him outside without shoes on his feet! They measured him to a 3G and gave lots of advice regarding things like laces, velcro, washing the shoes and caring for them etc, were now in a size 4 and off to get re-measured on the 30th. I'd suggest Clarks they really were good. We got some sandles in Russel & Bromley to and although helpful they were not as good as Clarks with information and fittings etc. It's important not just on the size but the width of the shoe to (we went from a 3F to a 4G) as evidently 70% odd percent of children do not fit in stores standard version of how wide a shoe should be and at this age with their bones forming and all it's crucial I would say that they are measured/fited properly and corners not cut on going for the cheaper footwear options.

lukes been in the cruisers range for a while but thinking now he is more confident will go on to the walkers stage. he has had his for over 3 months and i went to get him measured about 2 weeks ago and feet still the same size. he wears them every day and they still look brand new very good wearing i recommend them even though they start from £18.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back