Sheepskins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooo......sheepskin!

I found an old guardian article from 2011 which says the following:

Sheepskin has temperature-regulating properties to keep babies warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Research reported in The Lancet found that it also has a soothing, swaddling effect that can result in better sleep, reduced stress and improved weight gain. You can buy mats and lined footmuffs for pushchairs but I would recommend the versatile sheepskin liner. It is tailored in shape with harness holes so that it can be used in a Moses basket, pushchair, car seat, baby bouncer or crib. Sleeping a newborn on sheepskin (on their back only) is recommended until a baby is able to roll, at which point the sheepskin should be removed

Xxx

Thank you very much :)

It's a bit of a shame this has turned into some sort of major SIDS row. It should always be remembered that SIDS is of unknown cause, so it's all guesswork as to what's more likely to make it happen.

Incidentally, sheepskins are very popular with scbu and premature babies (where, ironically, they're also put to sleep on their tummy more often?), because of the positive effects mentioned above!

I think now everyone should go have some cake!!

Mmmmm cake! :-D

So why are they still replying if they're finished?

Sooo......sheepskin!

I found an old guardian article from 2011 which says the following:

Sheepskin has temperature-regulating properties to keep babies warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Research reported in The Lancet found that it also has a soothing, swaddling effect that can result in better sleep, reduced stress and improved weight gain. You can buy mats and lined footmuffs for pushchairs but I would recommend the versatile sheepskin liner. It is tailored in shape with harness holes so that it can be used in a Moses basket, pushchair, car seat, baby bouncer or crib. Sleeping a newborn on sheepskin (on their back only) is recommended until a baby is able to roll, at which point the sheepskin should be removed

Xxx

Thank you very much :)

It's a bit of a shame this has turned into some sort of major SIDS row. It should always be remembered that SIDS is of unknown cause, so it's all guesswork as to what's more likely to make it happen.

Incidentally, sheepskins are very popular with scbu and premature babies (where, ironically, they're also put to sleep on their tummy more often?), because of the positive effects mentioned above!

I think now everyone should go have some cake!!

Exactly!! Now, I'm off to eat some cake

Haha and yet you can't stop replying back? Point proven to anyone saying the girls wanted to finish it.

"Point proven" how old are you diane ? LMAO

I'd love to be able to sit all day on a forum. Maybe ill take a leaf and follow those guidelines to T. Seem to have time to care, entertain your baby and argue over something that you don't have any personal experience in, and don't want to use.

I wasn't one that said let's finish it so you haven't proven anything really... However I do have a life to live now so happy keyboard warrior-ing :flower:

Last edited:
My baby is with her nanna thank you very much. How rude.

Lol was it not rude to undermine the OP reason to use sheepskin ? Was it not rude to compare the girls in here as children ? Was it not rude to insinuate that someone is stupid saying that they could follow discussions or read ?

Omg I never undermined the OP I posted some advice and some links I read. Once she did her own research I didn't comment about sheepskin again.

I only defended myself when people started critiquing my sticking to the fsid guidelines.

Not ONCE have I insinuated someone was a bad mother like you just have.

Emm no I think you'll find I insinuated that I would imagine someone would have more important things to do than sit on a forum all day lol ? I don't know u, I don't know your child. So .. I don't hink I'd have any reason or room to judge u as a prent.

U started undermining when u kept going on and on and on that u wouldn't use it because its a sids risk etc. So I'd say that can be a little undermining.

So u do agree insinuating people are stupid is rude then yeah ?

No you know exactly what you meant so don't try to get out of it.

And I never went on and on that I wouldn't use it? I posted a comment saying I had found some research stating it was a SIDS risk and then left it? So what are you on about?

Oh dear lord this escalated quickly!!
Diane, u maybe didn't mean it, but u came across as having a superiority complex because some mothers let their baby sleep on their side or tummy. You're attitude portrayed that u felt u were somehow a better mother because you 'persevered' and we didn't. And saying 'I don't understand why anyone would do it' is a very judgemental thing to say.

Tapatalking from my blackberry!

I don't need to "try" and get out of anything. I says what I says. I don't have my LO with me but I'm stuck here tidying up after him doing housely things. But whatever diane tbh I'm seriously sick of reading now and will be unsubscribing.

I think the 8 pages of thread speak for themself diane. Funny how your the only person defending yourself though ?

Say what u wish. I've got more important things to do.

Have a good weekend everyone :) xxxxx

Can I kindly suggest that if you have nothing to say about sheepskin that you unsubscribe to the thread and stop replying. It'd be an awful shame for me to have to close Tiggers thread because it's an interesting topic. I'd never heard of using it and would like to know more :flower:

Good for you Russell. My house is tidy and sorted too thank you very much.

Yes I'm the only person defending myself because I feel there is a "gang" mentality on here sometimes. Funny how somebody posted a thread not long ago and insinuated that mothers who don't use sensor mats are dangerous and putting their babies at risk yet didn't get as much abuse as I have here and I've never once told anyone they are putting their baby in danger?

Good for you Russell. My house is tidy and sorted too thank you very much.

Yes I'm the only person defending myself because I feel there is a "gang" mentality on here sometimes. Funny how somebody posted a thread not long ago and insinuated that mothers who don't use sensor mats are dangerous and putting their babies at risk yet didn't get as much abuse as I have here and I've never once told anyone they are putting their baby in danger?

Determined to have the last word weren't you!? Well tough! I gave 2 warnings for people to go back to the original topic and you mocked other people for not reading!!

I'm ever so sorry about your thread Tigger, you're welcome to start a fresh one if you wish x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back