she seemed rdy dont think iam!!

chezzabell

Reaction score
Yesterday after a little discussion Sophie decided she wanted to put her dummy's in the bin, which was great of she went and out them in, throught out the day Sophie got loads of praised and even a little people noah's ark, for being such a big girl. She went to bed ok little cry but nothing major, anyway last night i was lying in bed and i got this huge wave of guilt i just coul'nt belive i had taken my little's girl dummy off her as she loves it so much, and i was thinking Oh my god Sophie is one more step to being a teenager :rotfl: im not sure im ready for her to become a big girl yet :rotfl:

I know it sounds stupid but honestly the guilt i had last night was awful :cry:

aww hun
they grow up way to fast dont they
at least she didnt make much fuss

Awwww bless you :hug:

I feel guilty over stuff like that too but you know you're making life easier for both of you.

Just be glad that she did so well getting rid of it, it took us 3 and a half years with Josh :oops:

nathan sort of weaned himself off his bottles and has all drinks in a beaker now. i feel bad a i think hes missing out on some sort of comfort thing. silly as i know how difficult it can be to get them to use a beaker but

im like you hun. i cant do it i feel to bad.

but at least Sophie decided herslef. bless her little heart she is a sweety..
when we are out i try and keep Diors dummy in my bag. but she loves her dummy so much she talks to it sings to it lol i cant take it from her. she even strokes it to sleep. il let her have it for bed till what ever age. but in the day il stop her once she is ready to understand but not for good

Sophie has been amazing iam so proud of her, at bedtimes she ask's for it but i just tell her remeber u put it in the bin, and she's like ok and off to bed she goes no problems at all :hug:

So all i need to do know is get her off her bottle of milk and out of nappies :D

Ah bless!! My niece gave her dummy to the pigs at the local farm - there are stings of dummys all round the pig pen. Great idea to help em give it up

I'm probably really selfish but I'm so glad, for my sake, that Lydia never took to a dummy.
I'd feel guilty taking it from her lol.
Thankfully I'm spared that.

Lydia can't go to sleep without a bottle of milk though - I can't bear to take that off her.

I got rid of the bottle of milk but dummys im still working on, she is not allowed them in the day at all, they have to stay in her bed

sophie27 said:
Sophie has been amazing iam so proud of her, at bedtimes she ask's for it but i just tell her remeber u put it in the bin, and she's like ok and off to bed she goes no problems at all :hug:

So all i need to do know is get her off her bottle of milk and out of nappies :D

Dior still dont talk alot does sophie understand when you say "you put them in the bin?"
im going to wait untill Dior can understand things. then i am going to plant it in the back garden and put a flower there and she can help me water it every day and watch her dummy plant grow :D

Yes Sophie is very good at talking and totally understands that she put her dummy's in the bin :D

sophie27 said:
Yes Sophie is very good at talking and totally understands that she put her dummy's in the bin :D

so i should be waiting untill Dior is about that age thenshe is 2 next month so by late summer she should be ready :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back