She is to skinny!

PINK BUTTERFLY

Reaction score
My OH thinks Chloe is fine but I want to see a little fat.....she is very slender!

She has anything from 800ml-950ml of formula a day and we have just started weaning so she is at the moment having also one jar a day......is this enough?

I'm hoping now she is taking food she will start fattening up a bit! X

What weight is she? I've got the other end of the spectrum with Jules! Each baby is different so I'm sure she's just fine x x

O is 11mths this week & weighs 17lb there is nothing of her but she's perfectly healthy having 15ozs of milk, 3 meals & 2 snacks. the same as adults some babies are just naturally slim and don't put on weight the same as others. Don't worry :)

At 6 months we did breakfast for 2 weeks the introduces lunch for 2 weeks and finally added dinner so by 7 &1/2 months she was having 3 meals.

Using tapatalk can't see tickers

James is long and skinny with a little pot belly.

He has always slid between 25th and 9th centile (we were going for fortnightly weigh-ins to keep an eye on it until he had x3 in a row in the 25th centile)

Since we've started weaning he has hit the 50th centile. I am amazed and we're doing BLW and he really doesn't "eat" that much!

I am so happy he has gone up a centile as he's not teething yet nor has he been poorly so we have a bit of weight to play around with if he does every go off of his milk / food.

James has 37fl oz a day which is over 1100mls per day :roll: We've dropped a few oz's recently though so he's closer to 1000mls per day now!

He is a proper little wriggler though, he ever wriggles in his sleep, so he must burn off a lot of calories???

xxxxx

Last edited:
Thanks all :)

She was weight at the clinic approx 5 weeks ago and she was 13lbs 7oz, we weight her at home last night (so might not be accurate) and we made it 1 stone 1 pound (I think but have to check that again with OH but he's just popped out)

We both had a good look at her thus morning while changing her nappy and she isn't skinny (think I'm being para!) but is very slender, she has slight chub on her legs and a tiny belly x

My lo is 9 days off 8 months she eats anything and everything!! She is tiny and only weighs 14lbs 15oz.. (how that works I'll never know!) That was a week abd a bit a go but she is always happy abd healthy. Try not to worry too much. Xx

I don't have this problem! But I think that some babies are naturally more slender than others..
Ethan is 9.5 months and was weighed a few weeks ago and was 22lb 5.5oz. He's on the 91st centile for his weight and the 50th for his height. He's on the move now though walking with his push along walker and crawling so I'm sure his growth will slow down.
As long as she's putting on weight and following the same centile I wouldn't worry hun xx

My lo is 8 months next week and only just 15lbs 1oz, so as the other girls said I wouldn't worry. All babies are different and it sounds like she is very healthy :)

Thank you all :) think I'm just para....think it's because she lost so much weight when she was 1st born as she just wanted to sleep and was a nightmare to try and get milk down her (she went from 7lbs 4oz to 6lbs 3oz) and the flipping HV made us take her to the hospital twice!

Think because if that iv always been a bit worried about her food intake....I take a note on my phone of how much she drinks throughout the day :) X

I think she might just be skinny like mine! My eldest drank loads of milk, and eats loads, yet at 2 years old weight 24 lb. At 6 months she was 14lb. She was well over a year before she was heavy enough to go into the next stage carseat.

I think she is just lucky! I did worry about her and made all her meals quite fatty at the start, then worried about her cholesteral so just made them normally, ie not excessive amounts of cheese and butter.

My the end of the day, especially if she has rice or pasta she has the cutest pot belly ever!

My lo is 5months and weighs 13lb8. She wasn't small at birth (8lb4) but she does seem to be a small little thing now lol! She drinks about 1100ml a day and has porridge and a veg portion but she just doesn't put much weight on I guess!

Ava eats for Wales and is almost 11 months old she was weighed 2 weeks ago and is 17lb she is tiny but perfectly healthy! X

Sophie is nearly 8 mths and is 15lb 1oz and she eats me out of house and home! Not that I'm complaining mind as AJ is such a fussy boy!

She's not as chubby as what she was and I really want my chubby baby back, AJ was so slim and still is :( Though both me and OH were both very slim when we were small.

I wouldn't worry too much as long as she has a good appetite. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back