She hasn't moved...

Dinky

Reaction score
I started feeling my LO moving around a week ago and all week she has been fairly active. She doesn't have a pattern to her movements yet however over the last 24 hours or so I've felt nothing.....I was busy all day yesterday(had visitors in the morning, went swimming in the afternoon and had a BBQ last night) but not felt anything this morning.i may have felt her at about 5am but I was too sleepy to really feel anything...I have an appt with the midwife tomorrow anyway so should I wait until then or should I see someone today?
I have a high placenta so maybe this is cushioning her movements again? I've not had any cramps, bleeding etc? I'm so confused!!

I am sure she's okay I hear babies in the womb sleep for about 18 hours a day. You'll feel her soon or you could buy one of those doppler things other peple have :)

Sometimes they just go through quiet phases for some reason. Its usually nothing to worry about.

Mention to ur mw tomorrow if still no movement but I'm sure she's fine hun xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Sometimes I dont feel my LO move for a couple of day, but then she'll wake up abit and have a little stretch or kick me. You dont need to worry too much about movements at this stage x

At 22 weeks my LOs movemts were all over the place,there was no rotuine or anything x

The staff are there to reassure you, more than likley all is fine...but..why not ring labour ward...it will settle your mind....better to be safe...your little one is sooo precious...

Thank you guys x it's always nice to be reassured.my OH absolutely says no to a Doppler but maybe now is the time to try to convince him that we need one :) will give til another hour or two and maybe ring the midwife advice line I have been given :)
I'm sure she is fine, little rascal xx

Drink a can of coke and do some jumps, always got mine moving! Xx

I am sure she's okay I hear babies in the womb sleep for about 18 hours a day.)

Someone should tell my LO this :roll:

I have a high placenta so maybe this is cushioning her movements again? I've not had any cramps, bleeding etc? I'm so confused!!

I had a whole week with no movement around 22 weeks hon, it was down to a change in position and as you said, placenta was blocking the movement. Bring it up if you're worried about it, and if you really start to panic just phone triage, I've done it and they're fine they expect it xx

Last edited:
Midwives will tell you not to worry too much about movements before 28 weeks

I always found it best to drink a large glass of ice cold water and lie on one side to encourage movement

Also if you've been busy you do tend not to notice the movements x

But of course if you're worried five the hospital a call x

I agree, at this stage they probably wont say much x

False alarm :) she's now kicking the hell outta me after having had a sugary cuppa tea and sitting and actually relaxing!!!!!Woohoo!! Thank you ladies xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back