Baby movements

rakrak

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
Just a little worried as I've not felt any movements whatsoever yet by baby. All the books say I should feel something from 16 weeks plus and i'm now in my 19th week. Has anyone else not felt anything by this stage?
I've got my scan next Thursday so I'm starting to count down the hours a bit more than I normally do... Thanks in advance guys xxx

Try not to worry!I went through the same sort of thing. With my first I think I felt everything really early and same with no. 2. With this one I kept telling the midwife I can't feel anything. Looking back there was probably the odd flutter I didn't register and I didn't feel "proper movements" until about 20/21 weeks. She said it maybe because the placenta was in a certain place blocking me from feeling the movements.

Hope this helps put your mind at rest. It's always an idea to call up your MW for peace of mind. I'm sure she'd be happy to speak to you xx

Hiya,

I wouldnt worry, i didnt feel anything until 21 weeks.

xxx

Try something cold to drink :D makes my lil un kick for hours but its worth a try xx

i started about 20 or 21 weeks and its only the last week or so where i have felt definite kicks :)

I didn't feel anything with my 2nd till 21 weeks. x

well i am 18 weeks next friday and i am in the same position everyone else has felt movement but i havent, started worrying a little bit but just need to cross my fingers and hope for some movement soon.

nothing until 23 weeks and baby is absolutely fine, everyone is different x

I would prob suggest that your placenta is on the front wall of your uterus and therefore preventing you from feeling movements, mine was like this with Rosie and I didnt feel her until quite late. They will be able to tell you at your scan where your placenta is so ask the sonographer and she will tell you xx

Yup I was the same 22 weeks with my first, used to get more movement in a warm bath

Look forward to later on when you can see the baby moving from the outside, it's great in the bath as you can see everything and feel it at the same time - love that bit XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back