Worried!

Spinneygirl

Reaction score
Do you still get normal pregnancy symptoms if its ectopic????

Ive been getting quite sharp/stabbing pains and on/off cramps, no bleeding though?

My boobs are so sore and ive been feeling sick on/off today and ive had lower back pain too.

Am i just panicking or do you think something maybe wrong? :shock:

I'd say probably just panicking, but I think everyone does! In my 5th week I had cramps, sharp pains and spotting, and of course panicked every time. Can't say much to be reassuring as ever pregnancy is different, but I'd say unless you have excruciating pain (which is what they say would be the case for ectopic), shoulder pain (a possible symptom of ectopic), progressively worse cramps, or bleeding (as opposed to minor spotting), then it most likely will blow over!
The best advice I got from my doctor was to relax and under no circumstances stress myself out. If I was feeling stressed or worried, I put on some cheesy 90s pop and really took my mind off it.

Hope you can try to relax, it's just the hardest thing to do right now I know xxx

Thanx Leesey probably just needed to someone to tell me that im just panicking, thanx hun xxx

I had terrible cramps and pains at your stage and everything was fine, try not to stress yourself out, I'm sure all is fine xxxx

I've had the same sharp pains on and off, I think they're ok, try not to worry Hun. :)

Xx

Yep, got those too! I even googled symptoms of ectopic pregnancy just to see if I had any more symptoms! xx

Thanx hun, things seem to haven gone off for now hopefully i can get a good nights sleep xxx

I had sharp pains in my left side too hun between about 4 and 6 weeks. (I also had spotting and shoulder pain actually, so you can imagine how freaked out I was!) Anyway, I went to the doctors and got sent for an early scan to check if ectopic, as my GP took it quite seriously, and. It turned out baba was all snuggled up in the right place :) so pains can defo be normal! The lady at the early pregnancy unit told me its quite normal to get pains from the side you ovulated from for a while :) ectopic is more common if you're over 35, smoke, had previous abdominal surgery, had IVF, had previous pelvic inflammatory disease chlamydia etc... I don't know if any of those apply to you, but if not then its very unlikely hun! Even if any of them do, its still only a 1 percent chance I think.

If your worried hun go and see your doctor. I was a bit worried about making a fuss and wasting my doctors time, but I was making myself miserable with worrying about it. My doctor was wonderful and sent me for a scan that same day, which really put my mind at rest and let me start to enjoy things a bit more, so I'm really glad I went.

I thought with ivf the embryo was manually put back into the womb??? So why is there a higher risk of ectopic? Does the egg move and go back up the tube? I thought there was less chance of ectopic with ivf???? Anyone know how this happens? xxx

I thought with ivf the embryo was manually put back into the womb??? So why is there a higher risk of ectopic? Does the egg move and go back up the tube? I thought there was less chance of ectopic with ivf???? Anyone know how this happens? xxx

I thought exactly the same thing hun, I've got no idea?! I just found it out from my extensive googling when I thought I had ectopic, lol. It seems really bizzare doesn't it, but its listed on a few websites as a higher risk factor. Maybe it means if you've had ivf if the past and then fall preg naturally? Xx

Maybe, it seems strange to me but our bodies are strange full stop! ;) xx

I had sharp pains the other day in one place and thought the worse then it went away! As long as the pain doesn't persist in the same place or get worse then your ok xxx :)

I thought they would put the Eggy back into the tube as this is where it would normally be fertilised? Lou we need You!
I am having sharp pains to but I'm trying to tell myself it's just my little bean letting me know he or she is there xxx

Morning ladies, thanx for all the advice. Had a good nights sleep and no pain so far today. Hoping it was just bean doing some more settling in xxx

It seems a lot of us tri 1 girls are having these symptoms. As ectopics are relatively rare, my money is on it being a normal symptom xxxx

I got awful pains at 5 weeks, I thought it must be a bad sign but hey ho he's here and a chunky monkey so I think they are just getting well bedded in round that time - its easy to panic though, tri1 is so stressful :hug: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back