Sharing a room?

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by kumber, Sep 17, 2016.

1. kumber

kumber Well-Known Member

Any tips on getting LOs to sleep when they share a room. DS2 needs to go in with his brother for my own sanity I think, he's 13 months so I think he's just about ready :lol:

How do you make it work?

2. Phoenix85

Phoenix85 Well-Known Member

Stagger bedtime? Whichever one is easiest to get to sleep can go second when the other is already asleep.

3. kumber

kumber Well-Known Member

It wouldn't work, both take ages to settle. Always have done and attempts to get them to settle quicker are fruitless. It can take anything up to an hour for one and two hours for the other

4. babybee

babybee Well-Known Member

They'll get used to each other. I put them both in the same room when youngest was around 15 months and eldest was 3yrs 2 months. Did the same bath routine, story time, put them both in and switched the light off. The novelty made the eldest filll the youngest's cot with books and teddies and there was lots of jabbering and chattering. A few tears from my youngest too. However after a few days they just got used to it if the other one was in a more rowdy mood. They would just fall asleep and the rowdier one would soon get tired and fall asleep.
    Id just go for it and not get stressed if one is about to fall asleep and the other wakes them. They'll get used to it. Leave them to it.

#4 babybee, Sep 18, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  5. russellmuscle

russellmuscle Well-Known Member

The boys will be sharing too but not for a good while.

Jackson is quite easy to settle and I assume baby will probably go down a bit later.

Can you try bringing ones bed time forward by 15 mins each night?

xxxxx

6. kumber

kumber Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies :)

Unfortunately moving ones bedtime would mean moving it by hours rather than minutes. Both find it hard to switch off so they would have to go to bed at the same time and settle in their own time. That'll be great fun :lol: