Sharing a room?

kumber

Reaction score
Any tips on getting LOs to sleep when they share a room. DS2 needs to go in with his brother for my own sanity I think, he's 13 months so I think he's just about ready :lol:

How do you make it work?

Stagger bedtime? Whichever one is easiest to get to sleep can go second when the other is already asleep.

It wouldn't work, both take ages to settle. Always have done and attempts to get them to settle quicker are fruitless. It can take anything up to an hour for one and two hours for the other

They'll get used to each other. I put them both in the same room when youngest was around 15 months and eldest was 3yrs 2 months. Did the same bath routine, story time, put them both in and switched the light off. The novelty made the eldest filll the youngest's cot with books and teddies and there was lots of jabbering and chattering. A few tears from my youngest too. However after a few days they just got used to it if the other one was in a more rowdy mood. They would just fall asleep and the rowdier one would soon get tired and fall asleep.
Id just go for it and not get stressed if one is about to fall asleep and the other wakes them. They'll get used to it. Leave them to it.

Last edited:
The boys will be sharing too but not for a good while.

Jackson is quite easy to settle and I assume baby will probably go down a bit later.

Can you try bringing ones bed time forward by 15 mins each night?

xxxxx

Thanks ladies :)

Unfortunately moving ones bedtime would mean moving it by hours rather than minutes. Both find it hard to switch off so they would have to go to bed at the same time and settle in their own time. That'll be great fun :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back