Sharing a room...?

CoreysMummy

Reaction score
Anyone have a two year old and a baby of about 4-5months sharing a bedroom?? Did they disturb eachother?

I just worry as I will not be keeping LO #2 in the room with us much past 4 months as its to disrupptive for them and leads to broken sleep for us all. BUT I came in lastnight at about 3am, and I could hear DS chattering to himself... I went to bed and didnt hear from him til about 9am as usual. I guess this means he might wake up in the night chatter/play then go to sleep. Would this disturb??

Owww, Trouble is if I wait the 7 months to TTC then timing will be OK to buy a bigger house when LO arrives. But I really dont want to wait that long... :rotfl: Im addicted!! They would have to share for like 4-6months I guess till we were able to move.

Anyone have a toddler and baby sharing?? Any problems? (to get back to my question, after iv waffled on)

I persoanlly wouldnt - i could see them disturbing each other and you getting no sleep!

Mine will be sharing a room for the next few years, I have no other option unless I put one in the kitchen (actually, that's not a bad idea! :rotfl: ).

I am a big believer in exposing them to quite a lot of noise while sleeping when really little. Because of this, DD can sleep through a lot now - OH is in a band and often has people over here to do recording over the corridor from DD's door and although we live in a small maisonette, we can have friends round in the evening and not worry about keeping the noise down. I am really hoping this helps with when we move the baby into DD's room (which will obviously become then their room) if the baby wakes overnight.

Btw, DD does exactly the same! If I am up overnight to pee, then I often hear her chattering - I think she's dreaming though, not properly awake.

Valentine Xxx

I don't think I'd put them in the same room either, we had a friends kid stay the night about a month ago, even in seperate rooms they managed to disturb one another!! I had to share a room for about 2 years growing up, hated it, but then if it's only temporary for a few months till you move it might be ok.....or just keep LO in your room untill you have moved? We've never pussyfooted around LO while sleeping so once tucked into bed we can hoover etc without disturbing. Best way to be I think but up to you.

Nah, we never tiptoed about. He sleeps through gatherings in the living room, the doorbell, LOUD cars outside being revved up (usually mine or OH's lol) Anything pretty much now.

Mabey your right V, mabey hes not acutally awake... just chattering... god knows!!

I dunno!!

We have just moved Eden into Tylers room about 3 weeks ago. So far, they havent disturbed each other at all :) Tyler is an expert sleeper and really would sleep through anything, Edens cries never even make him flinch. The other way around, Tyler snores really bad and also gets up about 3 times a night for a wee, but as yet he has never woken Eden up :D We are having all sorts of problems with broken sleep with Eden at the moment, but luckily they dont seem to be affecting Tyler so them sharing is not an issue at all really :dance:

Its not an ideal situation, but for the forseeable future its how things will be for us. We only have 2 bedrooms but plan to extend eventually so hopefully things continue to go smoothly until then :pray: x

:hug: :hug:

Oooh Im pleased to hear its working for you Lisa!!

Gives me hope! Still, I should keep my legs crossed for a bit longer...!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back