Anyone Want to Try My Roast Pumpkin Soup??

Charlie:-)

Reaction score
Just made this yesterday and its delicious if I must say so myself :)

Here's the recipe if anyone wants to try, a very cheap, quick, easy, wholesome and healthy meal!

This will make just over 3 litres of soup, or 2 big pan fulls!

You will need:-
1 medium pumpkin
2 onions
1 bulb of garlic
2 tbsp fresh thyme
3 litres of stock (I used chicken bovril but you can use any stock)

Method
Pre-heat oven to 200oC
Half the pumpkin and scoop out the seeds
Cut up each half into medium sized chunks
Take the garlic and separate each clove from the bulb leaving the skin on
Place in roasting tray along with the pumpkin chunks
Drizzle with olive oil & season with pepper (& salt if you cook with salt)
Roast until the edges are crispy & browned approx 20 minutes to half an hour

In the meantime chop the onion and fry in some olive oil (at this point I used 2 large pans, 1 onion in each) until the onion is translucent
When the pumpkin is ready remove from oven and remove the skin (if the skin has turned a deep brown/red colour it will pull off very easily, if it is still slightly orange then use a knife to get in between the skin and flesh)
Distribute the pumpkin between the 2 pans
Squeeze the garlic from its skin and add to each pan
Add 1 & 1/2 litres of stock to each pan
Bring to the boil then using a hand blender whizz up until smooth & add the thyme

I also roasted the seeds, they were yum, very nutty flavoured. Just make sure there's no pumpkin gunk on (doesn't matter if there's a tiny bit but there is quite a bit of junk once you get into the pumpkin) then roast whilst the pumpkin is in until the seeds have turned colour and crispy, usually about 10-15 minutes.

Bon appetit :D

That sounds lovely. I've been pondering what to make when we get some pumpkins at the weekend, so your soup could be a good start :)

Oooooh yummy! Thanks for that, Il ove pumpkin soup :cheer:

I love making homemade soups...question though:

How long do you recon they keep for? Can you freeze them, i'm guessing their is no reaon why not to but i've just not done it and made small batches. :think:

KirstyD said:
I love making homemade soups...question though:

How long do you recon they keep for? Can you freeze them, i'm guessing their is no reaon why not to but i've just not done it and made small batches. :think:

Yeah hun. soup freezes really well!! I have enough soup to feed the whole street in my freezer!! I bag them so you dont have to defrost a huge amount at once!

Tangerinedream said:
Im gonna try it but want to ask: what does pumpkin taste like?

Its part of the squash family and is very similar to butternut squash.

Been meaning to try pumpkin soup, will give this a go, sounds lovely :)

OMG that is THE best soup ever! It's so yummy! Thank you for the recipie, hun! :hug: :cheer:

poppy160 said:
OMG that is THE best soup ever! It's so yummy! Thank you for the recipie, hun! :hug: :cheer:

Glad you like, Im going to get another pumpkin tommrrow and make some more, Im hoping they will be going cheap in the supermarket.

Hehe, I've bought 2 so far already! I'm hopefully going to pick up a cheap one tomorrow aswell, and stock my freezer with soup. It will be a quick meal for when we move (Whenever that will be :roll: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back