Shall I?

ERIN84

Reaction score
Shall I try and wean Emily? She is such a fantastic sleeper, usually 7pm till about 7 - 8am. The last week (apart from yesterday) she has been waking uo around 5.30? I Gave her a bottle this morning when she got up and she drank it all but didnt guzzle it dead quick?

Shall i try her with some baby rice or something tonight before bed? She is 4 months on Monday.

Any advice greatly recieved! xx

Ive heard babies can start waking around this time, but it should only last a few days or a week. Ive started weaning Paige, teenie but of porridge in the morning and teenie bit of baby rice at lunch, but that was because I didnt feel she was satisfied with her feeds and still has over 30oz as well as the food.

If you were going to start weaning around this time anyway, then go for it :) . But probably wouldnt wean to get her to sleep through the night as she'll probably wake anyway. Paige still doesnt sleep through the night even with her food. It so wierd watching them eat from a spoon. Paige will sit there with her mouth open when she sees her spoon now lol.

Thanks Melio. Think I might try a bit today. How much do you give Paige? Do you give it to her until she doesnt want it?

my HV said to try and ride the 4 month growth spurt... but who knows what I will do when I get there! :lol:
I think if she seems otherwise contented I would perservere through as it is still quite early...

Oh, I don't know what to do!! She had 7oz at about 6.15 and having another now?? I don't know wether it will content her a bit more?

something in my head is telling me she is ready bit dont want to rush her into anything?

CONFUSED!!!

If you want to try it, then go for it. If she's not ready she'll let you know by either not letting you put it in her mouth or just spitting everything back out :) Babies are clever little things.

I just did one spoon full of rice with 10 of formula (I still mix her formula with the poridge even though it says to mix it with water) and for the first week I only gave her a very small amount. I wont put her on 'foods' ie mushed fruit ect until shes at least 4 months, but I feel the baby rice and poridge are just a bit like thickeners to help her. I didnt like the hungry baby milk with her.

I weaned liv at 3 months because she is a really hungry baby, she'd have 6oz milk and then less then an hour later have another 6 it was mad! But yeah she now has 3 meals a day and sleeps perfectly x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i weaned ethan at 4 months as he was waking in the night again. But he has 3meals a day plus milk and still wakes in the night for 1bottle! Xxx

I started sarah on a little fruit at 10 weeks - she is no 14 and having up to 3 meas today and between 5-7 feeds from me! and has still been waking up recenty for feeds after sleeping between 12-13 hours slep for 5 weeks! I don't know all she seems to do is feed now!
Meeah have you started feeing you lo other things apart from rice and fruit and veg - i'm sure sarah is ready to move on to meat and yogurts but am not sure?

Liv eats 7 month food now and she eats the cow and gate dairy deserts x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ross usually has two meals a day now plus 4-5 8oz bottles and can wake early. He loves his food and that and the combination of staydown milk has helped his sickiness and constipation. Still on the 25th centile after dropping from 75th. I think if you start tentatively then Emily will guide you. We have taken to putting some fruit fruit puree in with the baby rice as Ross hates it on it's own.
To start with it's more about textures and tastes than calories, start with 4-5 spoonfuls and up it from there. I'd be careful with the risky foods for Emily though in light of her eczema. x

i gave ethan his first rusk yesterday. But yea i would be careful with Emily if she suffers with her skin xxx

I make sure i give Sarah loads of water with a touch of fruit juice with meals too as she gets constipated otherwise.
Meeah your little one must be doing really well to be having lumpy food. Think i'll start adding a bit to her veg purees, gave her a yogurt too which she loved!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back