What shall I give her next??

Rubys mummy

Reaction score
Right, Ruby doing great with weaning, she has taken to it like duck to water....mornings she has cereal (powdered stuff mixed with her milk) and she LOVES it, has around 6 teaspoons, then a petit filo (sp?) fromage frais.....She has her normal bottles, then around 5.30pm, she had baby rice (6 teaspoons) with a cube of puree fruit or veg, another fromage frais and a finger organic rusk/biscuit thing. We top her up with milk then before bed

As I am back in work next week, wanted to get her used to routine of 3 meals so today I gave her some organic baby rice cakes with a bit of cheese spread on them, and chunks of banana, she didnt eat much but LOVED playing with them :roll: :rotfl:

Shall I keep up the 3 meals now, I am really intrested in BLW and I think she will do well as she is chewing and swallowing great. I am wondering wht shall I give her now, shll I carry on with rice and purees??

try pasta and toast my LO loves pasta and toast - not together tho :rotfl: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Yes I would keep up the 3 meals a day. Since Ellie was 5 months, I have made sure that at least 1 of Ellies meals each day is finger food. To start with I wasn't sure how much she was really eating but as you say she enjoyed playing with it and it is a good skill for them to learn. Yesterday for the first time Ellie put the spoon in the yogurt pot, got some yogurt on it, took it out and put it in her mouth, then put the spoon back in the pot. :clap: I was so chuffed. She has been taking the spoon off me and feeding it to herself for ages but this is the first time she has had enough control to actually get food on the spoon from the pot first.

There are loads of things you can feed her.

Toast, pasta, rice cakes, carrot stick, cucumber sticks, bread sticks. Arianna loves chopped fruit with a dip... like your petit folus (sp?) or a strawberry dip (just wizz them in a blender)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back