Calling mummys of "awful" sleepers :D..who now sleep through

Jade&Evie

Reaction score
:? maybe one night she will just do it!?

Evie was waking twice a night (I know not quite the same) and going to bed at 11pm. So, it would be 11pm- 2am; 2.30am-5am; 5.30am-7am....

Then literally one night she fell asleep at 7pm and didn't wake up at all til 5am.

Now she sleeps til 5am and comes o bed with me for a cuddle til she has her first bottle around 8am

:pray: Fingers Crossed for you x

Yep... still waiting for the elusive full (or even half!) nights sleep in our house too. Please, please, please give us some hope.

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

But, ever the optimist... Maybe tonight is the night :D :pray:

midna said:
Lis32 said:
Yep... still waiting for the elusive full (or even half!) nights sleep in our house too. Please, please, please give us some hope.

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

But, ever the optimist... Maybe tonight is the night :D :pray:

Ever the pessemist here rofl :rotfl:

NO, no, no... You MUST keep the faith or we have no chance!!!

I need some hope too. I'm typing this with my eyes closed cos Im so tired LOL

Mid I've already told you it WILL happen...It just takes time.... the first two years of Tia's life passed in a hazy blurr of sleep deprivation... she'd feed all the time and not be able to sleep longer than 3 hours all the way to 2 years old... but she was curious about everything and into everything and she was quick... I remember she had one random night around 4 months when we introduced solids and she slept through but it was just that once... :rotfl: :rotfl: Tia co slept and now sleeps through the night and goes to bed when I say..I have no problems there so it does get better...I absolutely promise :hug: :hug: :hug:

DS started sleeping through shortly before his birthday. He still sometimes wakes up once but settles quite quickly.

No magic formula I'm afraid but here's what I did in case it helps...

1. I hate the idea of leaving baby to cry so never did.

2. We started having a bath, story & milk, & into cot still awake every night from about 8/9 months. We usually start the routine about 8 so that he's tired but sleeps to a reasonable time in the morning.

3. I stopped feeding him when he woke in the night at about 9 months. I started offering water instead. We had a couple of horrible nights where he screamed for up to an hour at the time (while being cuddled by Daddy so he didn't smell of milk) but he got used to it surprisingly quickly.

4. I think the big thing was getting him to fall asleep on his own at the beginning of the night, so that when he woke up in the night he could settle himself again. It was hard work but we don't cuddle him to sleep at all now (I miss it sometimes but it's worth it). Even now he will not settle immediately 1 night in 4 and we'll have to go in and out of his room up to 25 times before he drops off :roll: . Because I don't like CC or CIO, I go in as soon as he cries, lie him down again (don't speak to him or cuddle him) and go out again. If he starts crying straight away I repeat to infinity. That's the theory anyway but I often cave in and sit with my hand through the cot bars stroking his face til he falls asleep!

My next worry is him moving into a bed in September, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it...

The other thing is if there is anyone (Grandparents?) who can have baby for just one night to give you a little break then one uninterrupted night's sleep can give you such a boost that it will see you through to at least the second birthday :rotfl:

As an ex-no-sleep-club member I really really can sympathise but it will get better without you realising (I didn't post about DS starting sleeping because I didn't want to jinx it!).

Last edited:
i think ur both still gonna get cruddy sleep untill shes in a cot..maybe even in her own room.. im haivng about the same amount of sleep since hes in the other room.. but im haivng better quality..i knwo you dont like your health visitor but she might have some suggestions?

luke first slept through consistently when he was 11 months old and since then apart from a handful of nights when he is either poorly or teething he sleeps from 7pm til 8am, so it will happen i promise, its as if something just has to click one night, then you'll be in there checking just as much making sure shes ok :D

and last night luke slept from 7.15pm til 9.50 this morning how kind is our son to give us a saturday morning lie in!!

she'll get there :hug:

Evie was 8months when she started sleeping through (previously waking 2-3 times a night to feed). She now sleeps 7.30pm-8am.

I know for me the trigger to getting her to sleep through was putting her in her own room, else in those periods of light sleep we were just disturbing each other. I know you cherish your co-sleeping so it isn't a road you are going to go down.

All I can say is be prepared for the first few times she does sleep through you'll end up waking up cr***ing yourself somethings happened. I hated waking up before her - used to get OH to go see her first :)

boob addict connor seems to be gradually improving :think: :think:

he used to be awake most of the night. then about 4/5 weeks ago started going to bed at 10pm - slowly brought forward to 9pm. he feeds then goes to bed, but will now go down awake and settle himself.

feeds are usually 2.30am, 4.30am & 6.30am BUT i've started to be able to get him back to sleep without feeding him when he wakes at 2.30am - i give him his dummy, lie him on his side with his blankiebear, leave my hand resting on him and he settles after a few minutes. this has only happened about 3 times, but he then doesn't wake til after 5am for his next feed. i'm hoping that it might all be indicating a desire to sleep for longer periods of time. i'm sleeping better cos he's in his bedside cot rather than immediately next to me, although the increase in sleep is making me feel the opposite to refreshed cos i'm just not used to it... :bored: :bored:

(this all went out of the window last night cos he fell asleep at the bham meet and then wouldn't go to bed til after 11pm last night :wall: )

Aimee didn't start to regularly sleep through the night till she was 2. When she was tiny she would wake about 20 times a night, it was awful :twisted: She wanted a couple of sucks of milk every 30 mins or so all night. That carried on till we did controlled crying on her when she was almost 1. It did work but not totally, she would still wake 3-4 times a night but after what she was like that was a massive improvement. She still sometimes wakes sometimes now still but only a couple of times a week thank god.

I know seed is alot older than my bubs but does she sleep at all during the day? At a baby group all the mums were discussing thagt the best night time babies normally had some good naps during the day ie the more they sleep, the MORE they sleep at night? Chester has a good few naps ranging from 30mins to over an hour during the day and is an excellent night sleeper.

She'll get there bless her xx

:wave: Midna
How do you do the co-sleeping thing? Reason I am asking is because a few times I have tried to being LO into our bed to 'finish' off her sleep in the morning, and when I don't want to get up! She is a nightmare. If she wakes up before me I have to be REALLY fast because she sits, crawls, stands up, jumps, and then hangs off the edge of the bed with her hands on the floor etc. How do you stop them falling out of bed??

Have you got a goal for co-sleeping? How long do you want to do it for or are you just going step by step?

Guess I should have thought ahead a little when I convinced OH to get a round bed :( I don't want to co-sleep but sometimes she will end up in our bed and then the acrobatics start.

I cannot offer any advice!! Finn will have a great night and go from 7-5ish and then sleep for another couple of hours in our bed and the next night he wakes at 2/4/6 etc! There seems to be no rhyme nor reason for his sleep pattern! This evening he fell asleep in my arms at 6 so was in bed then.

Squiglet said:
Mid I've already told you it WILL happen...It just takes time.... the first two years of Tia's life passed in a hazy blurr of sleep deprivation... she'd feed all the time and not be able to sleep longer than 3 hours all the way to 2 years old... but she was curious about everything and into everything and she was quick... I remember she had one random night around 4 months when we introduced solids and she slept through but it was just that once... :rotfl: :rotfl: Tia co slept and now sleeps through the night and goes to bed when I say..I have no problems there so it does get better...I absolutely promise :hug: :hug: :hug:

I totally agree with this - they will do it when they're ready. leela started sleeping through at 7 months, but tyler was gone 1 when he first slept through and then it wasn't regular. although its really really hard for you, this is her atm, and in a weird sort of way, isn't it great that she has such a personality.

edit to say - and they don't always stay like they are when they're babies. aidan was a brill sleeper from a few weeks old and as you know is a little sh*te with sleep now.

keep in your mind what i told you before about labour - if you can remember lol

*sigh*

we had a terrible night last night - hananh still dosent sleep through - shes teething again now so didnt settle till 4:30am this morning. Her screaming kept emily up too.

:wall: :wall: :wall:

oh god Mids - i feel for you!!!! :shock:

** :pray: prays that Ruby will be a good sleeper :pray: **

:lol:

Im joining the frikkin club - look what tie it is and ive been up since one with madam who wanted to play, and ballz to it i let her, i got my duvet and curled up on sofa and snoozed while she plauyed with her toys in playpen. Shes asleep now but noew i cant sleep lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back