shall i go to a&e?

LucyB.

Reaction score
I've been on antibiotics for a uti for 3 days now and they seem to be working, I've also been drinking lots of cranberry juice. This morning around 3am I woke up with a horrific headache which I still have now. Sleep hasn't got rid of it and no matter what I do it won't go away. I thought maybe this could be due to the cranberry juice? But then around 3 hours ago I started feeling heart palpitations and my chest keeps tightening and I have to keep breathing faster. Its really uncomfortable and I'm getting a bit worried. I'm going to ring my gp at 2 when they open again to see if it could be down to the tablets but I don't know whether to just get straight down to a&e. Chest palpitations are scaring me and my whole chest and neck is hurting :( help xxxx

I would phone NHS 24 hun, see what they say xx

Chest palpitations are the thing to worry about, so yes I'd suggest just getting yourself calmly to a&e. If you're unsure ring NHS24.
Have you ever suffered from panic attacks? It could be psychological, but get it checked out just to be safe. You'd be better off feeling silly for overreacting rather than feeling guilty for not acting at all xx

This hapenned to me once when I had a really bad headache like that. Just before I fell pregnant with my son. I had a panic attack in the end, really scared me badly.

Defo contact either NHS direct, a&e or gp if you are worried hun.

Hope you're ok. massive :hug:

Yes I would get that seen to. I've suffered a few panic attacks in the past and they are frightening, so you should get it seen to before it gets to that stage. X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I'd have to suggest NHS Direct, like the other girls have said. Hope you're okay! x

*Sent from TapaTalk*SonyEricssonX10MiniPro*

Sounds like you could have a kidney infection hun this is what happens to me when I get them take yourself to a&e x

I've got an appt at my gp surgery at 3.30 hopefully something will be done there. Thanks girls, still feeling crappy xxx

you could be reacting to the antibiotics hun hope all went ok at the gp and you feel better fast

just got home! she checked my chest and said everything sounded fine but if the palpitations continued to go back, blood pressure was fine she jjust said its likely to be a reaction to the antibiotics so shes changed them for me. feeling happier now ive seen the doc, looking forward to a good nights sleep xxxx

Glad all is OK hun, rest up and hope you feel better soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back