SEX AFTER AN EPISIOTIMY

janie

Reaction score
SORRY IF IVE SPELT THAT WRONG BUT HAD AN EPISIOTIMY GIVING BIRTH TO CHLOE, SHES 4 WEEKS OLD ON FRIDAY AND I REALLY DO WANT TO HAVE SEX WITH MY FIANCE BUT IM SCARED TO, IS IT TOO EARLY? THE STITCHES DISSOLVE AFTER 10 DAYS AND MIDWIFE HAD A LOOK BEFORE SHE SIGNED US OFF AND SAID THEY WERE HEALING NICLEY, JUST STILL FEEL SLIGHTLY TENDER, NOT SORE REALLY, BUT SOMEONE SAID YOU SHOULD WAIT 6 WEEKS? HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD ONE OF THESE AND WERE YOU TOO SCARED OF GETTING INTIMATE AGAIN? HELP OR ADVICE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED
JANE X

hi, i didn't have an epi' but i had stitches... :x
I found it V sore when me and hubby did try intercourse at 5 weeks.
It is still a bit tender at 12 weeks gone... just take things slowly.
I also found that i was very dry down there .. :oops: apparently dur to the hormones circulating whilst breast feeding.. though things are getting better now. Have lots of KY on stand by. :oops: :shock: :oops:
Hope this helps

I had an episiotomy with my first and he was about 5 weeks old when we first had a go. I think I was more worried about my husband feeling like he was waving a sausage around in wembley stadium than the actual pain or discomfort.

There are no hard and fast rules as to when you can do it again, just listen to your body and if you want to then have a go. Try not to worry to much about him - he will love it like he always did, 99% of men say it was no different than before, and if you are relaxed and happy then you are more likely not to be too dry which will help anyway.

Sorry for being so frank but just relax and enjoy!! :wink:

Kerry said:
I had an episiotomy with my first and he was about 5 weeks old when we first had a go. I think I was more worried about my husband feeling like he was waving a sausage around in wembley stadium than the actual pain or discomfort.

Sorry I have nothing to say about the topic I'm afraid but bloody hell love I have just fallen over laughing at that!! :lol: That's what I keep thinking for after I have given birth!! :lol:

Oh Kerry, I've just about PMSL when I ready that!!!! :lol: :lol:

I had an epi 12 years ago and was worried about the same thing. We didn't have sex until about 7 weeks because I had the period from hell after having my daughter, and the bleeding didn't stop till then. But when we did, we took it very slowly and it didn't hurt once I had relaxed. And my OH at the time noticed no difference at all.

Just go with how you feel, and remember, sex doesn't have to mean intercourse, there are plenty of other things if you are worried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back