SEX AFTER AN EPISIOTIMY

janie

Reaction score
SORRY IF IVE SPELT THAT WRONG BUT HAD AN EPISIOTIMY GIVING BIRTH TO CHLOE, SHES 4 WEEKS OLD ON FRIDAY AND I REALLY DO WANT TO HAVE SEX WITH MY FIANCE BUT IM SCARED TO, IS IT TOO EARLY? THE STITCHES DISSOLVE AFTER 10 DAYS AND MIDWIFE HAD A LOOK BEFORE SHE SIGNED US OFF AND SAID THEY WERE HEALING NICLEY, JUST STILL FEEL SLIGHTLY TENDER, NOT SORE REALLY, BUT SOMEONE SAID YOU SHOULD WAIT 6 WEEKS? HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD ONE OF THESE AND WERE YOU TOO SCARED OF GETTING INTIMATE AGAIN? HELP OR ADVICE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED
JANE X

Hi Jane
I had one with my 1st delivery. Just take it slowly and you`ll know if its ok!! Only you know how it feels :?
love Lucy xx

Hi Janie...
I had epsiotomy with my first baby and I can only advise from my own experience. I would recommend that you wait a wee while to have intercourse, but perhaps you can still enjoy intimacy by other means. It's quite common to develop scar tissue with an episiotomy (bloody sore and uncomfortable during intercourse) and that's why I would advise you to wait for it to heal completely and to wait 6 weeks is quite right - sometimes longer for some of us!
As Lucy says - do what feels right for you.
It won't be long, but don't stop yourself from having some fun in finding new ways to feel intimate with you OH.
Emilia xx

Hi I had 2 episiotomy's.

Jack is 4 weeks old tomorrow and my partner and I have made love once since. We took it slowly and it was fine, I did bleed a fair bit though.

We tried again a few days ago but it was a little sore so we stopped.

Just take it slowly and see how it feels! :wink:

I had an episiotomy with my first and the whole having a baby together thing made me love my hubby so much that I was actually quite keen to have sex afterwards.

I think Harry was about 5 weeks when we 'had a go', if you feel that you want it you are more likely to enjoy it. Just take it slow, make it fun and it will be fine.

My biggest fear was that for my husband it would feel like waving a sausage around in wembley stadium........but apparently it was fine :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back