Getting worse "down there"

Redshoes

Reaction score
Isaac's birth was with forceps and an episiotimy, and afterwards I was in some dscomfort with the stitches, but otherwise it was just back and neck pain. Anyway, things "down there" seem to be getting worse, when I go to the toilet it feels like there's an enormous pressure inside me, and I have to keep putting my legs together and standing up, as it starts to hurt if I sit on the toilet too long.

I mentioned it to my HV who said it could be a prolapse, which could mean more stitches at the hospital. I really can't bear the thought of going back to hospital right now, and I'm so worried about things never getting back to normal, I had a very healthy sex drive before Isaac, and hope to be able to act on that again one day, will I be OK?

Anyone with experience, advice, please reply :pray: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

You poor thing. It does take time, especially after an assisted birth with lots of stitches.
Are you doing your pelvic floors? Do them as often as you feel you can. If it isn't any better in a couple of weeks, you really should get checked over at the docs. If you do need a bit of 'extra work' doing down there, it's best to get it out of the way now than to suffer on for months and risk the possibiluty that it could get worse.

I really think it'll get better on it's own though, you just have to give it time.

Also, take Arnica, it actually works! It's amazing stuff and it helps the body to heal itself.

Good luck

Do you have an appointment for your physiotherapist for your stitches and pelvic floor? Give them a call and see what they can suggest. I couldnt get hold of mine so called the midwife and she came and checked to make sure they were ok as i got some nasty stomach pains that seemed to end in my bottom.

Try and do 10 pelvic floor excersizes 3 times a day holding it for 10 seconds each time, if not then as long as you can. If it starts to get to heavy sit or lay down.

If it is mainly when you go to the toilet and its a number 2 you are suffering with you can try and hold your stitches while you are doing it just to give them a bit more support.

Hope some of that helps although you probably know all that already. Unfortunately other than painkillers and baths there isnt much more you can do to ease the pain.

it may well be worth a trip to the gp..i had simular after Dylan was born and m/w said it could be a prolapse but i had urine test and it came back with imflamation cells and i was given anti biotics.

I'm just that upset about it I've decided to wait until next Tuesday to see the GP, that's when I have our 6week check-up, its just upsetting as you think you'll improve as the weeks pass, not feel worse :(
Yes I do take Arnica Sammystar :) I got lots of homeopathy remedies before the birth from my homeopath friend and arnica's been a regular friend to me, and thanks for mentioning it, it may help others :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back