Severe Tooth Ache

CARNAT22

Reaction score
Sorry for anothe thread about my teeth ladies,

But my sore gums have now progressed to a full on, head in hands, wish I could rip my tooth out, pain.

I'm going to hold off taking any paracetamol until bedtime.

I rang dentist earlier and as some ladies have said they really don't want to see me in Tri 1 if they can help it and they certainly don't want to do anything that will require pain relief - when I explained my history the receptionist was even more certain they'd not do anything.

I can go as an emergency if I want and see the dentist in person... BUT it's unlikely they'll treat me

Receptionist reckons its an infection (I get them when I am run down!)

I am flossing and brushing after eating, I have some medicated mouthwash.

It's fcuking hurts though.... Am I going to have to go for another 7 weeks of this??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

xxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Awwww hun, tooth pain is awful, I feel for you. I've got three wisdom teeth that need to come out and I am just hoping they stay settled until after baby is born because my dentist said they won't take them out until then.

Why don't you take some paracetamol now? I've had killer headaches recenty and I've been holding off taking paracetamol but my midwife said it's perfectly safe as long as you don't take more than the recommended dose.

Hope you feel better soon

XX

Aww carnat, wish there was something i could suggest to help your pain, but i don't know anything remotely useful

Flossing sounds like a great idea tho x

*hugs* :hug:

Sorry you are hurty. :(

Is clove oil safe? A lady ay work with dental problems was using it as a natural anti inflammatory / pain reliever. (though she wasn't pregnant).

Last edited:
they cant expect you to go 7 weeks inm agony there must be something, id go as an emergency and see what hey say xx

I've got some clove oil and it's vile LOL! I'll check the bottle now...

I'll go as an emergency (I can't tomorrow though as I'm leaving early for Dr's!!)

I do suffer with me teeth / gums when run down and in my last 3 pregnancies I had some sort of flare up....

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Clove oil is a no go when pregnant!

xxxxxxx

Oh, glad you checked that. Gosh, is nothing sacred anymore?!!

In my opionin clove oil is a no go whenever... it is DISGUSTING!! Eugh!!:sick:

I had treatment in first 12 weeks. Make a paste of bicarb of soda and rub on ur gums it tastes horrible but worked great for me.

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

Oh and my chemist gave me teething granuals which helped but im not willing to promise you they are safe id do some research just to be sure. Chemist said they were to me but I only had his word.

I had treatment in first 12 weeks. Make a paste of bicarb of soda and rub on ur gums it tastes horrible but worked great for me.

Thanks hun - what did you have done if you don't mind me asking!

xxxxxxxxxx

I used to sit with hot water bottle on my face when I had an absess, worth a try lol xx

I had root canal work done, I said I was concerned about it being safe when pg and he even got a second dentist to look who said it was safe and due to the pain I was in def best. My sister also had a tooth removed before 12 weeks.

I guess antibiotics are going to be a no no as well?

I was on two back in November when I had my abcess - Penicillin and another one (you absolutely could not have alcohol otherwise you'd be ill??)

xxxxxxxx

I dont know about antibiotics I ddidnt have them sorry

I had root canal work done, I said I was concerned about it being safe when pg and he even got a second dentist to look who said it was safe and due to the pain I was in def best. My sister also had a tooth removed before 12 weeks.

Wowser - did you have pain relief / local?

I am concerned as I have a history of miscarriage that some full on dental work could just be too stressful?

Touch wood tooth actually feels a bit better??? Ever since I started this thread it's eased :shock: I'll see how I sleep etc

Thanks for everything ladies

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Hi Darling,
I know it sounds a bit odd, but infuse some lemon and ginger tea with fresh sage & mint leaves and swill this around your mouth, once it's cooled down a bit! I found it helped a bit when I tried it.
Have you considered acupuncture? It's fab for all types of pain and i've heard it can work well for toothache too.
My lovely friend covers North and West London, although her speciality is fertility acupuncture or you could try the Kailash centre in St Johns Wood - they are really good?xx
:hugs:

Hi Darling,
I know it sounds a bit odd, but infuse some lemon and ginger tea with fresh sage & mint leaves and swill this around your mouth, once it's cooled down a bit! I found it helped a bit when I tried it.
Have you considered acupuncture? It's fab for all types of pain and i've heard it can work well for toothache too.
My lovely friend covers North and West London, although her speciality is fertility acupuncture or you could try the Kailash centre in St Johns Wood - they are really good?xx
:hugs:

Oh thank you for the tip hun, alternative is def the way to go if I can't take drugs :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back