wisdom tooth pain

fothers

Reaction score
For a day or two I have had a niggling wisdom tooth pain- I get this periodically.

This afternoon however my whole bottom jaw on that side is really pulsating and sore- are there any painkillers I can take if it continues getting worse?

I want to avoid them if I can but might need to take something later? :(

Hi Hunny

Sorry to hear you are in pain

I think paracetamol is OK. Steer clear of ibuprofen - and I think aspirin may be dodgy too but I would suggest you check with your MW to be on the safe side.

It may be playing you up more than usual because of increased blood flow in your gums - I have a receding gum on one tooth which has started to get a bit painful - I think for the same reason :(

Hope your tooth gets better soon

LBxx

i had a infection in my wisdom tooth in early pregnancy with my last baby and i took paracetomol and that was all i was allowed,one thing i was told to do though was wash my mouth out with salt water every hour,this soothes the pain and will fight or help prevent any infection,hope you feel better soon :hug: xx

Thanks- will try the salt water first.

I am just holding a warm wet flannel over it now which has taken the edge off it.

:hug: nothing worse than toothache :( hope its better for you soon hun when i had an abcess the only thing i was allowed to take was paracetamol :( xxx

When I was unwell at the beginning of my pregancy the pharmacist at boots said I couldn't take para under 3 months without a docs approval so worth ringing your pharmacist see what they suggest.

according to the doc I was talking to at the hospital on Monday, when pregnant the safe drugs are paracetomal and co-codomal which has codeine and apparently is safe to use.

hope this helps :)

I got one of those bean bag things from MIL that you put in microwave and that seemed to settle it- every few months my wisdom teeth must move a bit and ache for a few days- hopefully that will be them for a while now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back