Severe lower back pain? - UPDATE AGAIN back from docs!

debecca

Reaction score
Well, another night, another rude awakening...

Before I went to bed last night my BH were about every 15-20 minutes and totally doing my head in. I finally managed to get to sleep about midnight and was awoken at 2.12am with a MASSIVE amount of pain in my lower left back. I mean HUGE SEVERE pain. So my husband woke up immediately and was convinced Connie was coming and I got out of bed and wandered round trying to make it feel a bit better. I went to the loo for a wee and there was a pinprick or two of pinkish tinge on the loo roll which I've not had before. The back pain came in waves for the next hour or so but then I managed to drop off and this morning it's barely there at all. So the way I see it is it could be one of two things:

1. Baby lying on / kicking a nerve she shouldn't be (most likely).

2. Kidney infection - though I've been hospitalised with this before and all of the pain was round the front AND surely my midwife would have picked this up in my urine at my appointment last week?

Any ideas ladies? I honestly thought I could be in labour because the pain really WAS that bad.

Might just be your body practising for the big day. I seem to get lower back ache every day now on and off.
The pink tinge discharge sounds like your plug getting dislodged. Could still be a few weeks before anything happens I'm afraid, it's tedious all this ongoing pain, and waiting for things to kick off :hug: :hug: :hug:

You mean this might happen again? I was *crying* the pain was that bad? Oh Lord, I'm going to be terrible in real labour...

I've told Conifold she has another 36 hours before she can begin to arrive otherwise the midwife unit won't take me :cry:

Thank you for your quick reply muppetmummy I was really worried I might have an infection!!!

It sounds like the baby could have been resting on a nerve like you said.

If you are peeing normally in normal amounts I don't think it's an infection but if pain persisits I would give MW a call for reassurance xx

I had that pain in my back a few weeks ago, it made me feel ill it was horrible it lasted for about and hour then subsided. I haven't had it as bad since I jus assumed it was my body getting ready for labour.

It sounds like she is preparing you hun. Prob not what you want to hear...but what do I know anyway :lol: I hope you're ok, you will be fine in labour. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

If you were crying with pain it could be a start stop labour :think: , it's really hard sometimes to tell between the real thing and the BH's as they can sometimes get really painful.
Maybe calling your midwife might be a good idea, she may be able to shed some more light on what happened :hug: :hug:
I can't imagine it would be an infection.

I have had some strong lower back aches, but nowhere near as bad and as painful as what you've had! :hug: I am glad it has gone at the moment, but I would ring your MW and let her know how bad it was, especially if you're frightened of it coming back. Poor you, I hope you are ok :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: you poor thing!
Might be worth calling your midwife see if she knows what it could have been.
Let's hope it's a one off thing!

xx

My doctors are so excellent!

I phoned them just to put my mind at rest and a doctor called me back within the hour :cheer:

She is most worried that it could be a kidney infection (especially as I have a history of these) and wants me to take a sample in asap - they will test it while I'm there. I'm sure it's not that but at least I won't be worrying about having to go into hospital again.

Otherwise things are generally OK today. I still have an hour or so before my BH start up again for the night :roll:

thats good Bex, hope they get you sorted and you havent got an infection :hug: :hug:

It's good they can see you so quickly. I hope the appointment goes well :hug: :hug:

Hope everything goes well at your appointment :hug:

I had severe back pain when I was pregnant with Jamie and they thought that it could have been a kidney infection but in the end it was just the way he was laying. The back pain I had though was actually worse than contractions during labour.

hello

if it was a sharp pain it could be kidneys, was it on one side or could be labour or a nerve, i have had a few pains that take my breath away and have blamed on nerves etc...

i hope things settle down and you get looked after honey

x

Aww sounds horrid hun. Hope it lets up for you tonight. Cheeky Connie :hug:

Just went to doctors - receptionist was very stroppy about having it tested then and there but doctor was insistent. Anyway it is completely clear (as expected) and the pain I had was just "one of those pregnancy aches and pains" - GREAT. So I look forward to going through that agony again sometime :roll:

I feel miserable today :cry:

Awwww :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

But at least its not an infection or something. But o dear about the possible future pain :(

oh hunni :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: have some hugs!!!

It is great you dont have any infection though :) I hope little Connie isnt planning on giving you grief until you pop. Maybe she is nearly ready to come out and last nights pain was her letting you know it. She started engaging ages ago didnt she :think: She only has a few hours to wait and in any case being so close to 37 weeks the birth centre would take you as you're a good size. A few hours wont make any difference to them :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug:
Gah!! Just one of those things??? :shock: That doesn't help much when you're in agony. :(
I hope it doesn't flair up again :hug:

I go away from the forum for one afternoon and i miss everything :roll:

Sorry Connie is giving your grief Bex the little madam. I really dont think you have that long left now.

Glad its nothing serious though hope you sleep better tonight.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back