Pain in lower back and bottom

bump+1

Reaction score
Hi

i keep getting pain in my lower back and bottom, I am 36 weeks and 2 days. (Due 23rd Sept).

Just wondering wot it means and if there is ne advice.

Thanks
Norma

hi,

It could be the baby pushing down getting ready, take a warm bath and see if it eases, if it gets worse, i would call your midwife

xx

no worries, i remember i had alot of that near the end on both of my two, i think its just the pressure of everything being as your baby is bigger and your are close to your due date.

This is actually my 2nd baby, I never got pain like this with my 1st and I only had him last year as he is now 13 months old.

think i am just worrying to much! lol

Norma

i dont know if its the same but ive got it at the moment its right up through my bum trying to stand up is the hardest thing :oops:

Hi Zor-El

Does it feel like your tailbone that hurts?

LBxx

kind of but that always hurts as i have broken it a few years ago when i was knocked off my moped :oops: but it feels like muscles it hurts to cough and when i try to stand i must be using some muscles that i didnt know i had coz its painful

it may well be the babies position, if the babys spine is running along your spine its ment to be more painfull, a way that you can try to encorurage your baby to turn round is by walking up and down stairs sideways as this rotates the baby. My midwife said that if your in labour and the baby is in this position, they encourage you to walk up and down stairs in the hospital. I have suffered from nasty tailbone pain off and on throughout my pregnancy, even in the early days, it may be that the baby is laying akwardly on a nerve. in which case there isnt a lot you can do about it, just aviod bending the main trunk of your body without using your arms to support you.

i get a really heavy sensation across the front of my tummy as im carring really low but i know hes head down and has been for a while but i went to see a midwfe the other day and it was a different one to my usual she measured me being almost 3 bigger then i should be by my dates so maybe i will have him earlier?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back