Seven Sea's Trying For A Baby

xAngelx

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

Are any of you taking this kind of preconception vit? If so have you noticed any type of side effects like feeling sick, cramps, constipation or anything else. I have been taking these for just over a week and i'm getting constipated which never happens to me as I have IBS and coeliac.

Just thought i'd ask if any one has had any of these side effects before I have to check in with my gastro prof.

TIA xx

I'm coeliac too hun and recently changed from pregnacare vits to seven seas. I've had no issues with them at all. I actually prefer them! No symptoms at all :) xx

I couldn't take the pregnacare they were way to big and made me feel sick but now i'm down to one sympton and thats the constipation. Occasionally I get a bit of a sicky feeling but not a lot and nothing major. Who know will just need to stick it out :).

Thanks for replying xx

Hello! I've been taking Seven Seas for just over 2 months and bar feeling sick on days 2&3, no side effects (and the sickness could have been coincidental)! I also suffer from IBS (C) and I haven't noticed it being any worse than usual! Hopefully it might settle down for you! I do like them, they are easy to swallow and have the essentials!

Last edited:
Hol - cod liver oil has vitamin A in doesn't it? Your not supposed to have it when ttc/pregnant x

I took them and was constipated and generally felt rubbish! I stopped taking them and conceived a month later without any TTC vits! Then I just moved onto home brand folic acid and vit d...

I was taking them for about 18 months and I was totally fine on them. I've only had to change because my bmi needs a higher dose which I can only get on prescription

Oh, I did not know that about cod liver oil! I'm one of those weirdos who lifts a lot of weights and swims a lot of lengths, so I take it for my poor joints! That said, I only had my coil removed yesterday and its time of the month, so I'll just stop taking them now before we start TTC in a week or so's time! Are there any fish oils I could take safely?

Thank you!

Edit: I'm an idiot, just looked at my packet of pills, not cod liver oil, actually omega 3 fish oils, they must have been the ones on offer last month when I topped up :) - are these OK?!

Last edited:
Yeah I take omega 3 fish oil... when you get preg helps baby develop brain and sight i think x

I don't have anything to add to the OP sorry, but someone said they switched to Seven Seas because Pregnacare was too big. Does this mean the Seven Seas are smaller? I have serious problems with swallowing large pills, and the ones I have now (no brand) are really hard. Would love if someone has tips for any brand with smaller pills.

Hey Rhiandell - I haven't seen the pregnacare ones to compare but the seven seas are tiny. Like contraceptive pill size. In fact the packet just looks like a pill packet, with the day of the week on each pod!

Ended up with bowel issues after taking Pregnacare Conception... Ended up in A and E with the pain! However the pregnancy ones seem OK for me.

Yes the pregnacare tablets are big and the seven seas one are small so they are a lot easier to take xx

Thanks Hol and Angel! That's great to hear.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back