Is it the folic acid tablets?

honey1978

Reaction score
Hi

Me and my partner are trying to conceive for the past 4 months now.I recently started taking folic caid tablets as was suggested to me by few of my friends.

For the past few days i have been having sharp pain in my boobs specially around the nipple area.It hurts on any kind of contact.I also have had some cramping and been a bit constipated.

Could it be because of the tablets that i am taking or could they be the early signs(which i doubt as i am just 6 days past O)?Also can they cause constipation sometimes?Did anyone experience any of these?should i stop taking these tablets?

Please Help!!

Don't stop! they are really important to stop some very serious potential birth defects.

I guess they could be causing the cramping and the constipation. Try having them in the middle or just after a meal. And try a different brand - or get some pregnancy multivitamins, which might buffer it.

Hi

It is very rare for folic acid supplements to cause any side effects.

The symptoms you are experiencing could be early preg symptoms - early af symptoms or maybe you are ovulating later than you thought.

You ideally need to keep taking the folic acid though - it's important in very early baby development, like the first two weeks even! So if you are preg you started taking it at the right time! :wink:

good luck, lets hope this is your month

Angela

Hi Ladies,

Thanx for your help.

Another question that i would like to ask you all is:

Is the pain in my boobs/nipples an early sign or could it be because of the tablets?Can anything be taken to ease the pain and irritation that it is causing coz i am unable to sleep at night because of it?

Thanks Joan.

I am not due till 24th june.Think will just have to wait to do the tests.
Keeping my fingers crossed.

from my personal experience of taking folic acid, I would say it is the tablets. I found when I was taking folic acid only supplements I was very hormonal and weepy. My friend said she was the same when she was TTC. I have now changed to a pregnancy vitamin instead and am not getting any of those side affects.

although I could just be totally mad and assumed it was the folic acid! but thought I would advise you my experience to help.

Hi,

But can the tablets also cause heartburn and sore nipples?Because i have been experiencing that as well for the past few days now.Initially the pain was in full breasts along with the nipples.Now my boobs have become very tender (maybe because AF is on its way ie 24th june) but the nipples are still sore and tingling.Also i can see two blue veins on my left nipple very clearly against the light.

Any suggestions?

No idea hunnie sorry - maybe it's worth asking a chemist? They might know? As for the veins - I got veiny boobs quite quick when I got PG. I'm kinda pale anyways and showed up a tiny bit but now they are bright blue :shock:

I take Folic acid at night before bed now else they make me feel sick during the day.

Hi Ladies

It's almost a week now.I still have very sore boobs,am still feeling constipated,weeing a lot.All this started last week which still continues but along with that now i also feel very bloated and dont feel like eating anything.Also there is a little rise in my body temperature.It's staying around 99.4,99.8,100.1.My AF is due on 24th June.

Does it sound good????????????? :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back