• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Serious case of sickness

Kerry&Rich

Reaction score
Well as I have been saying my sickness has been horrific! I have just been discharged from hospital after being admitted on friday. I got to the stage where I could not even drink water.. It was awful. so they put me on a drip and I now feel a lot better. I have been pre some wonder drugs which are my savours.. still feeling the urge to be sick but havent been for over 24 hours which is amazing! I have managed to eat and am drinking lots..... It was also really nice to be on the maternity ward as a few of the ladies went into labour when I was there!! I know it sounds crazy but I cant wait.. its so amazing!!!!!

Anyway just wanted to say If you are feeling down about sickness or being so ill you cant even move dont be scared to go to the doctor! Its better for you and your babies sake!

One thing that did annoy me was some of the pregnant mums were smoking!! It angers me sooooo much... Actually more then most things!! How dare hey put their babies at risk over a poor habit. I smoked nearly 15 a day and the minute I found out I have not even looked at a cigarette... and thats how it should be!!!

xxx

Oh dear. Glad your feeling better now!

My sister smoked all the way through her pregnancy and it drove us all mad. She just wouldn't be told! I mean Grr :wall:

ugh I sympathise. I've had hyperemesis with all three of my pregnancies. Get's worse each time.

You feel like it's never going to end, but it does.

:hug:

Glad you're feeling better hun :hug:

Grrrr, don't get me started on women who smoke when pregnant :evil:

Oh goodness you had another two after going through it once!! Bless you! I know its awful but am starting to feel better so thats good. They keep saying it could be twins so am going to have a scan done this week to see. Did they say this to you?

Thanks for all your support everyone xx

yep, i had a scan to check for twins too. my first one wasn't. oliver was a twin, but i lost his twin at about 7 weeks.

the sickness still got worse each time lol

Ah sorry to hear that.. Well we will see... Wouldnt that be fun!!! :lol: not!!! I think my partner may have a midlife crisis if it was twins!!! :rotfl:

Well at the moment I can safely say I think this may be my only pregnancy.. although I am sure when I have my miracle I will be wishing for another!!!

xx

hehe i was the same. but, with me im usually in hospital about the 16-20 week mark, and then when i get my meds (zofran for the last two pregnancies), i seem to come out the other side and be ok for the rest of the pregnancy.

I lost soo much weight - shame i've put it all back on again now :(

See I asked to be prescribed that but they gave me Metoclopramide and thiamine which seem to be working. Fingers crossed... I am 10 weeks so they said it should start to get better after a few weeks. fingers crossed.

I have lost weight but my stomach is bigger which is anoying!! I dont seem to have lost any weight off there! My legs are smaller though and I have lost weight off my face and arms which is good!! :D

xx

i had everything. metoclopromide, stemetil, cyclazine. the thiamine is a vitamin type pill. not an antisickness.

i got so bad with my 2nd that i was telling them i wanted to get rid of him. worst moment of my life. the convinced me to wait until the morning and look at it again and thats when they prescribed me to zofran.

it isn't licensed for use in pregnancy here, and its for very severe sickness, mainly used for those on chemo who are sick.

anyway it worked and eventually i was allowed home.

with amelia they made me go through it all again until they allowed me zofran.

next time, ill speak to my consultant first, and tell him i want zofran as soon as i start to feel ill. with my history he said that they're sure something can be worked out

they are expensive though 90 quid a tablet!

OMG £90 a tablet!!! thats crazy.. I have heard about that and they said if I didnt react to the metoclopramide then they would look into it but luckily I took to that!! I am glad they gave it to you to help.

That must of been so hard for you hun. I am glad you came through it. When it got so bad I just cried and said I wanted it al to end.. made me feel so guilty but its so hard to deal with. My work dont understand either. They have said they are not used to dealng with this and as hyperemesis is quite rare its hard for people to understand the extent of it all. I mean it took me a while to get my head around it all.

xx

yeah, it's just bad. because of being sick all the time my throat was just raw. it was burnt from all the acid.

ive never been so ill. but i look back at it now, see my three kids and i would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

Ah gosh! Sounds like you are having an awful time with it! Glad you are feeling a bit better after your hospital spell! Yay to wonder drugs!

After thinking that the sickness was over and my tablets were working, it comes back today with a vengence!!! I cant believe how rough I feel... bit fed up of all this now!!!!

xx

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I thought I had it bad lol. Last night I was really bad. I went to bed and my OH put his hand near my face and I could smell the pasrty he had made for tea. I had to rush to the loo!! :puke: Earlier that day in morrisons, the meat eisle made me barf, but i made it to the customer loos first! :puke: And before that I was cleaning out the parrots cage and I found a bit of apple that ad been in there since the day before and that made me barf too! :puke:

Sending out nice thoughts for you :hug: :hug:

Ah sweetie you poor thing...... Its awful isnt it.... Its been nearly a month now and it starts to get you down. I have hypermensis so unfortunatly I am one of the ones who has it bad... have you been to the doctors hun? coz if not I would go just so they can check your blood and stuff. xxx

yes with my first pregnancy, i had the met etc and it made me ok, but then as soon as i came home etc it just started up again.

hun if you want to chat on msn or anything like that, pm my your addy.

i know how hard, and how lonely it can be. and i promise i wont tell you to try ginger :D

Ha ha everyone keeps telling me to try ginger!! I am like, I cant eat or drink anything let alone ginger!! ahhhhhhh

Will send you my address in a bit xx

I put my status on facebook as Della asks "what makes pregnancy sickness better?" and everyone put diffrent things. I might give my midwife a call and see what she thinks. I don't want to bother her though but I'll see how i feel today.

How are you guys getting on today? Any sickness?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back