Second, third, fourth time moms.....

fuffins1981

Reaction score
Does it amaze you to think you will have 'children' or 'kids'? Rather than saying 'my child', 'my son', 'my daughter'?

And people who already have two or more, did it feel funny for you? Or, do you look on your life now and think 'wow, look how many children I have?'

I find it amazing the I will have two children. I still find it hard to believe I have one!! I look at how beautiful and funny he is and can't believe he is mine! I find it hard to believe I will have another Gem to look after. To call me mom.

And, it has been just me and Tyler for nearly 6 years. I have called him the most gorgeous boy in the world every single day. If I have another boy, how do I say it to both without Ty feeling away??

This is so strange! :shock: :?

But I can't wait to have my 'children' :cheer:

Yeah its been me and Harrison for 6 years aswell.

We are planning on booking a week away for New Years Eve to go and spend it with family and its so strange saying we are taking" the kids" it just feels strange me saying it, like i shouldn't be saying " children" or "kids" until he's here in my arms.

I call Harrison mummys little soilder and i have done since he was first placed in my arms, I caught myself stroking my belly the other day and saying " hello there mummys solider" and suddenly all i felt was guilt, like that IS harrisons name........ i don't know its strange. But such a nice feeling that i will have two little faces shouting mummy.

I'm gatecrashing but I was thinking this last night. I'm going to have children! I feel really guilty all the time though - firstly that I'm not going to have as much time for Austin, then that the new baby will NEVER get as much attention as Austin got.

Sounds like you are feeling the same as me!

I feel guilty when I think of saying the same things. Even yesterday Tyler asked if he is my number 1. I said forever. Have started to try to tell him mommy has to make Tyler and the baby number 1 together. I hope in the long run he understands :(

He is excitied, aslong as its a boy :rotfl:

Its just been Cameron for 10 years. I think he is more nervous than me.

He said the other day that he didnt know how to be with babies.

I know he will be fantastic but im not sure how to big him up about it

I am so glad I posted this thread ladies.

Not happy because you are all worried, but nice to know it seems that it is a natural reaction when having a second baby :)

:oops: im feeling exactly the same...

20 years old and mother of two, it sounds really bad... people automatically assume the worst in you.

All I assume is that you decided to have your children early. People who assume the worst need more interest in their own lives.

:hug:

We will all be fantastic moms to our 'children', whatever our fears :hug:

when looking at cars or houses etc i always say that would be good for the kids/children and i havent even had 1 yet :rotfl:

im already on about having another, i must be mad, maybe after ive been through labour that will shut me up :rotfl:

labour wont put you off....if anything...it is afterwards!! :lol:

They are lovely, but can b very tiring.

But, as you know many people go back time and time again: So the only thing that can change your mind is you :)

ive always wanted kids, i love them, everyone says in made to be a mum :D

id love a big family and wish id had kids before now but i never met the right person if im honest, now i want a footy team :rotfl:

Going from 1 to 2 was fairly easy. Especailly when I had a 2 year age gap. DS1 was quite independant and did alot for himself.
But now, going form 2 to 3 i'm terrified! :shock: DS1 is even more independant now he's 4, but DS2 is not quite so. He has just turned 2 and is a bit of a nightmare!

going to have 3 boys, we use the term "The Children" or "The boys". But DH is from a family of 7 so we're used to large families, but having a teeny tiny house, Im not sure my EarDrums are going to cope :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aswell as the guilt feeling that everyone else is having,
Does anyone else feel like it was such a long time ago since they had baby number 1 that you still feel all new to it again, i feel like thsi is the first time all over again and theres so much that i have to learn.
Had to ask what to put in my hospital bag when the time comes, and phone my mum and ask how many bottles and stuff will need. Is this just me???

MissSara said:
Aswell as the guilt feeling that everyone else is having,
Does anyone else feel like it was such a long time ago since they had baby number 1 that you still feel all new to it again, i feel like thsi is the first time all over again and theres so much that i have to learn.
Had to ask what to put in my hospital bag when the time comes, and phone my mum and ask how many bottles and stuff will need. Is this just me???

It isn't just you!

I am exactly the same. I think I was better the first time :shock:

Hospital seem to think I should know it all too....But it has been so long, I have forgotten.

It's like when you got back to work after Mat leave. You are trained to do your job, but have lost all confidence in your knowledge :?

Once again, am glad it is not only me :)

BeckyJ I was planning this second baby when I was still pregnant with my first. I'm the same as you I've always wanted kids. I can't imagine myself stopping at 2 either! I'm already working out where number 3 will fit in...

tezzy I'll either be 23 or 24 when this baby is born (due on my birthday!) but I look a lot younger (I get ID'd all the time even for 16 certificate video games!) & I do worry about what people will think of me having 2 children under 2. But they were both planned and will be loved and cared for so I try not to let it bother me.

MissSara it's not that long since I had my eldest and I've already forgotten most of the pregnant/newborn stuff! I've been rereading my old posts from last time round & realised I'm asking the same questions this time!

i hate the way 'teen mums' are made out to be bad parents. i was 18 when i got pregnant with Rhys and i had him when i was 19. By which time me and my hubby and bought a house, we both had great jobs and were able to provide a loving home for Rhys to be born into. Now my hubby got a raise which meant i could stop working and become a SAHM and we could have more children! Now he is 21 and im 20 but we're no way 'typical' young parents!!

You ae doing better than me Tezzy :lol:

I got pregnant at 19 and had my son at 20. My life is not in as great a position as yours. I am now 26.

My mom got pregnant at 17 and had me at 18. Went on to have three more. My youngest brother is 10.

She did really well. I do not think age isalways a factor in how good a parent someone can be. I simply think it is down to individuals and there priorities.

Ok, so 14 would not be a great time to have a child. But, I once knew a girl who had done that. She was a great mom and was training to be a nurse in the Military at 18 I think. So, she showed that even the youngest of moms can do well :)

Before I had my son I'd been having problems with my cycles so went see my GP. I mentioned that one of the reasons I was concerned was that I would like to start a family in the next couple of years (I had just turned 21 at the time). She pretty much told me off! Said I was being short-sighted and irresponsible and I shouldn't even be thinking about babies for another 10 years. I was so upset, I changed doctors & put in a complaint but I don't think anything came of it.

It's ridiculous that there's such a stigma attached to 'young' mums.

Thats disgusting!!

Why should anyone HAVE to wait until their 30's?

Then if you did that you may find you have problems then.

Then you are pushing it for options.

How could she be so rude?

If people choose to start in their 30's. Fair enough. My aunt had hers at 38 as she has built an amazing career. But it was a risk as she had huge fibroids that they reckoned would stop her getting pg.

Whether people choose to start at 18 or 43, it is totally their choice!

maybebaby said:
BeckyJ I was planning this second baby when I was still pregnant with my first. I'm the same as you I've always wanted kids. I can't imagine myself stopping at 2 either! I'm already working out where number 3 will fit in...

i havent mentioned 3 or 4 too much too the OH yet but give me time :rotfl:

Tezzy i believe its more about the person than the age, age is just a number

I know a couple who are young and are the worst parents in the world, clearly didnt want the child and dont denie the matter but i also know a couple in thier 30's that are the same :twisted:

You and your OH should be proud, you sound like great parents and at the end of the day thats what matters not the date on your birth certificate

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back