Reaction score
Midwife did the questionairre yesterday and said
i was slightly depressed,I knew this anyway
Is this normal to a certain degree?
It's my 2nd baby (very much a surprise)
Still look at my daughter and
cant believe i am goin to be the mother
of 2 children.
Feeling more supersticious this time for some reason??
Think it all boils down to the fact that i never envisioned
2 children in my life.
Please tell me i am not alone.
Am really worried in case it continues after birth.
:oops: :( :oops:

Hiya :wave: I was really down in the last couple of weeks before the birth and kept bursting into tears for no reason. Most people said its cos of your hormones etc etc but i felt it was more down to the fact i knew things with my 2 boys would never be the same again :cry: It was like i was mourning something i hadnt lost if you catch my drift. I was scared that maybe i wouldnt love her because of what id been through to get her and was scared about the birth,future etc etc. Of cours as soon as she was born i fell madly in love with her straight away and it was so intense it made me cry too. A lot of it is hormones love but dont feel too bad if it isnt because its fear of the unknown and the big change in our lives that is a scary thing. My depression wasnt as bad after she was born and when my hormones settled down, and my confidence in looking after her improved i felt tons better, I know everyone is different but i hope this helps a little. :hug: xxxx

Thank you for replying .
That is exactly how i feel.I love my daughter so much and feel like i am goin to lose her.And i cant imagine loving any other being in the same way. Keep thinking i would like it to be another girl, but then think that i would prefer a boy cos then there is no way that "our" relationship can be
the same. :hug: Thank You again

hi :wave: how you are feeling is COMPETELY NORMAL!
i felt like this when i just had georgia & was due with josh, i thought i could never love another baby like georgia (WRONG)
your love just gets more spread around to all of your children.
when i had Louie i did feel slightly funny towards josh (he was 4 then) for a few days & i was fiercely protective towards Louie, but after settling down was back to normal.

please don't worry, you will be just fine & good old mother nature wil do her job!!!
good luck.xx :hug:
also thought i would add that Louie was completely unplanned but it doesn't make any difference to how you feel about him/her after birth. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back